Ajax Text Field - Translations

12 years 8 months ago #174966 by nicophp
Ajax Text Field - Translations was created by nicophp
J 1.7 - CB 1.7 - CB ajax field plugin 1.2

At first view, seems that strings are not translatable.
But it's not right, the problem is somewhere else.

Eg.: Placeholder Text
  1. Loading the profile page, field is not translated
  2. Edit the field but leaving it BLANK and save
  3. Now field is translated
  4. Reload the page and field is again no more translated

Strange

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174981 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ajax Text Field - Translations
Confirmed your issue, in 2 locations the wrong parameter is being called and thus the default is always taking place. Have fixed for next release. All instances of the placeholder are passed through CBs language string function. If the string is translated (default string of: Click to edit) it will translate in all cases. If you change this however from within the fields parameters the default is still used during ajax reload. Below is example translations of the the field.

'Click to edit' => 'Click to edit',
'Save' => 'Save',
'Cancel' => 'Cancel',
'Click to edit...' => 'Click to edit...'

The above assumes the defaults are used and unchanged.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #175007 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: Ajax Text Field - Translations
Great that you fixed it. When you fix something, is it possible to download the last version of the plugin, in order to not to have for next release of all. In the forge for instance?

12 years 8 months ago #175015 by krileon
Next release (version 1.3) has been released as of today, please upgrade and confirm if your issue is resolved as could not confirm issue with 1.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #175074 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: Ajax Text Field - Translations
Thanks a lot krileon, works fine for the translations!

The last thing would be to fix the Minimum and Maximum length and the field entry:
  • Max limit: if set to eg.255, field is nor stopping the entry at 255, neither giving any warning message but let us go on.
  • Validation: if set to eg."Multiple words with spaces" introducing numbers will not display the warning and, when saving, it reloads the previous entry. Now if we want to re-edit, it displays (propose) the previously refused entry that we tried to introduce.

Thanks again for your work

12 years 8 months ago #175170 by krileon

Max limit: if set to eg.255, field is nor stopping the entry at 255, neither giving any warning message but let us go on.

Known issue for maximum input limit to be non-functional. Bug ticket on forge as follows regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2698

Validation: if set to eg."Multiple words with spaces" introducing numbers will not display the warning and, when saving, it reloads the previous entry. Now if we want to re-edit, it displays (propose) the previously refused entry that we tried to introduce.

Validation still works, but just doesn't display the error. I've added a feature ticket for this as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2751

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn