login directing to profile page

12 years 7 months ago #175405 by delete2end
login directing to profile page was created by delete2end
When users log into the website (Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7 pro) in Google Chrome, they are automatically directed to their profile page, even though the URL should be going to the website homepage. This only seems to happen in Google Chrome - am I missing a set up/configuration?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175414 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: login directing to profile page
Check first redirect parameter setting in CB Configuration -> Registration tab:

URL for first login visit

and then look at the redirect parameter in the CB Login module.

12 years 7 months ago #175489 by delete2end
Replied by delete2end on topic Re: login directing to profile page
They are both set to my homepage - index.php/home

It only happens in Google Chrome - when I log in for the very first time of Chrome being open. I have attached a screen shot of what I see - it doesn't even go into the actual profile page, it just places the avatar on the login page. If after I log in the first time, I log out and then log back in without closing the application (Chrome) it will work correctly, but just not the first time I log in through Chrome.

12 years 7 months ago #175490 by delete2end
Forgot the attachment:whistle: sorry about that - and thanks, nant for the quick reply!
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #175565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: login directing to profile page

CB 1.7 pro

Are you using CB ProfilePro? Trying to understand the "pro" after your version.

Please set within all of your CB login modules and within CB configuration the login redirect to "index.php" and this will send users to your homepage as the URL "index.php/home" is not a valid redirect URL (it must be non-SEF).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175588 by delete2end
Sorry, that we have the professional membership - We are using the regular CB Login.

The index.php page is not our homepage for the website - we don't want users staying on the login/registration page once they log in. We want them directed to a page within the website, which is www.virtualfines.com/index.php/home. It is working in every other browser, just not google chrome. Guests are able to view the site without logging in, but the front page - www.virtualfines.com has only a registration and login option.

So, with the Professional membership and the available plugins, should we be using a plugin for the login redirect?

Thanks very much for your assistance!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn