login directing to profile page

12 years 7 months ago #175610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: login directing to profile page

The index.php page is not our homepage for the website - we don't want users staying on the login/registration page once they log in. We want them directed to a page within the website, which is www.virtualfines.com/index.php/home. It is working in every other browser, just not google chrome. Guests are able to view the site without logging in, but the front page - www.virtualfines.com has only a registration and login option.

Isee, but "index.php/home" is still SEF. Please disable SEF, copy the non-SEF version, and use it as the redirect. The redirects should always be non-SEF.

So, with the Professional membership and the available plugins, should we be using a plugin for the login redirect?

CB Redirect can certainly do this using after login or after registration triggers, but shouldn't be necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175777 by delete2end
Replied by delete2end on topic Re: login directing to profile page
Hi Again - I changed the links to the non-SEF link: www.virtualfines.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=464

And it is still going to the profile page in Google Chrome - or actually, not even the profile page, it is placing the avatar for the user on the login page.

I changed both the links in the module manager and also the CB Configuration for Registration as nant said to check in the first reply.

Does the SEF option have to stay off for this login to work? I tried it both ways, with the SEF URLs on and then off and there was no change. We want to have SEF-URLs on, but more important is the correct landing page when logging in for all browsers.

Any other steps for trouble shooting?

Thanks!!
D

12 years 7 months ago #175793 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: login directing to profile page

Hi Again - I changed the links to the non-SEF link: www.virtualfines.com/index.php?option=co...id=73&Itemid=464

This is still not the correct URL, you can't include live_site. Please try the below, exactly.

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=464

Does the SEF option have to stay off for this login to work? I tried it both ways, with the SEF URLs on and then off and there was no change. We want to have SEF-URLs on, but more important is the correct landing page when logging in for all browsers.

Using SEF is fine, but your redirect links must always be non-SEF and without live_site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delete2end

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn