Reports to provide to customer

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #175438 by IAAF
Reports to provide to customer was created by IAAF
just need some advice on how to easily provide customer with customized reports. I have CB Subs and can create custom lists and thought this may be the way to go, but I don't see email address as a field that I can select (because I do not show it on the profile). I also need to be able to get the produced list into an excel spreadsheet as they do not access the backend.

Can anyone suggest an extension that I could use that works well with CBSubs that may help me to produce Management reports that can be exported to excel. Quess I just have to copy and paste for now but sometimes its painful depending on the amount of data needed especially when you have thousands of rows.

If I could add custom fields to the CB User Manager list and copy & paste into excel this would be a way to go, but I can't filter by Class Year (this is a high school alumni site so one of our most important fields). NOTE: I keep looking at this CB User Manager list thinking I must be missing something and sure enough I was! When I search I always entered a search criteria and clicked the 'advanced search' button to perform the search - which it does. I had never tried to click that 'advanced search' with no value in the search box but happened to do that by mistake today. OMG, I found the hidden filters! unbelievable. Actually when I clicked it the first time with no value in the search field I noticed a flicker but did not catch what it was - so I clicked the 'advanced search' a second time and there they were - available for display above the list. I guess I missed that part of the documentation and as embarrassed as I am to admit this - was thinking surely I'm not the only one who has done this, so I'll keep this in my post. If for no other reason - to make someone laugh.

I think my biggest problem with using the custom User Lists (that my managers could click on whenever they wanted) is that for Management I want to include fields that are not shown on profile, therefore not available for Management. Is there a way around this? - yes unhide the custom & other fields by clicking 'advanced search' with no value in the search text box!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Reports to provide to customer
There is no reporting or export feature available for CBSubs. The best approach is to format a query and perform a direct database query using phpmyadmin and exporting as CSV or excel format. I've provided a few report queries in the CBSubs boards, sorry can't recall links.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAAF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn