Streamsend Subscribers

12 years 8 months ago #175485 by OurBlok
Streamsend Subscribers was created by OurBlok
Hi!
I'm excited to begin developing my CB Site. Before this integration, I had a simple email signup form for our newsletter. It's as simple as this

<form name="subscribe" action="emarketing.ourblok.com/public/ocnaf02h9q/FbN/subscribe" method="post">
<style> A BUNCH OF STYLING WOULD GO HERE - I TOOK IT OUT TO SAVE SPACE</style>
<div id="sign_up_box">
<div id="sign_up_title">Subscribers Signup</div>
<div id="sign_up_content">
<label id="sign_up_email_address_label" for="person_email_address">E-mail Address:</label>
<input id="sign_up_email_address" type="text" name="person[email_address]">
<input id="sign_up_button" type="image" src="emarketing.ourblok.com/images/integration/buttons/sign_up.gif">
</div>
</div>
</form>

It uses the POST method to communicate with an external web form - You'll notice that if you go to emarketing.ourblok.com/public/ocnaf02h9q/FbN/subscribe there is an entire form with a bunch of other fields available - even though the current form widget is only requesting an email - so it seems simple enough.

How can I post the results of a new registering user to this subscription sign up form? I don't even need it to capture the name address and all that other fluff. All I need is for it to capture the email to subscribe the user to our newsletter. Perhaps a check box to opt in... How can I make this happen?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #175563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Streamsend Subscribers

How can I post the results of a new registering user to this subscription sign up form?

Using incubator project CB Code you can perform a POST, GET, JSON, XML request to any URL of your choosing with substitution supported data (name, email, any much more). You'd need to use the after registration trigger and ensure access is set to everybody. It also supports conditionals so you could have a checkbox that it would first check if the value is equal to 1 before performing the POST.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #175601 by OurBlok
Replied by OurBlok on topic Re: Streamsend Subscribers
Thank You!
I'll let you know how it works out.

12 years 8 months ago #175606 by OurBlok
I Use Facebook and Twitter Connect on my site. I know That twitter usually does not capture an email on registration and instead substitutes with an invalid email address. would a new registered user via facebook connect have the email posted in similar fashion? will twitter connect dump a bad email into my subscriber list?

12 years 8 months ago #175620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Streamsend Subscribers
Facebook CAN obtain a legitimate email, but it's not always the case as it's completely optional for the connecting user. Twitter will ALWAYS provide an invalid email address. So yes in both cases you'll get a bad addition to your subscriber list. However, if you're checking if a checkbox field is checked or not then FBC/TC users won't be added as they have no way to provide such a field at registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177201 by OurBlok
Hey,

Took me a while to get around to this. Can you help me our with the CB Code thing. I'm doing something wrong here, it looks like. Here's how I have it set up. Don't laugh at me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn