Collect Birth Day without Year

12 years 8 months ago #175501 by Brefar
Collect Birth Day without Year was created by Brefar
I was wondering if there was a way to collect a date that is month and day only. I don't want to collect the full birth date of my members. Only a month and day to wish them a happy birthday.

Thanks,
Bret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175566 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Collect Birth Day without Year
The date field collects month, day, and year. There's no way to disable this. Suppose you could provide 2 integer fields for them to provide month and day then using CSS floats place them next to one another or developing a new fieldtype plugin to be just month and day.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175661 by Brefar
Replied by Brefar on topic Re: Collect Birth Day without Year
Thanks Krileon. I'll have to start looking for info on creating my own plugin then. I like that idea better than two integer fields.

Thanks,
Bret

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Collect Birth Day without Year
You can review the ajax text and file fieldtype plugins as examples as they provide new fieldtypes. I suppose you could also use CSS to hide the Year input of a normal date field if it's not of any relevance to you (should populate with current year when selecting a day or month).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn