Move CB Login to top

12 years 7 months ago #175641 by egab
Move CB Login to top was created by egab
I am new to CB and would like to move the login from the left side of the page to the top of my website in an inline style beside the home button. Is it possible to do that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Move CB Login to top
CB Login is a module and you're welcome to move it anywhere your template will allow. If you've a module position available there for your template then place it in that position and adjust display as necessary (module can be switched between vertical/horizontal and compact off/on). You can edit modules within Joomla Backend > Extensions > Module Manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176000 by egab
Replied by egab on topic Re: Move CB Login to top
Thanks. I was trying to move it next to the Home button, but when I put
?tp=1 That space is not showing up as a position. So to be clear, that means that I cannot put a module in there? That's a bit of a bummer because there is a lot of space beside the home button that is not being used.

12 years 7 months ago #176003 by egab
Replied by egab on topic Re: Move CB Login to top
Oh, I see where I can add postitions to the template so I am going to try that!
Thanks for you help.

12 years 7 months ago #176007 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Move CB Login to top

So to be clear, that means that I cannot put a module in there?

Correct, if it's not a module position then you can't place a module there.

That's a bit of a bummer because there is a lot of space beside the home button that is not being used.

There's literally hundreds of templates out there. You may want to consider trying a different one that fits your needs?

Oh, I see where I can add postitions to the template so I am going to try that!

Nearly all templates require editing of its PHP file and manually coding in new positions. Don't know what feature you're referring to, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds