Facebook Login Not Working

12 years 7 months ago #175813 by OurBlok
Facebook Login Not Working was created by OurBlok
When I click the log on with facebook button, nothing happens. The cursor icon goes from a finger to a hand (like it's hovering over a link) but when I click the button, nothing happens, no page refresh no log on, no log on failed, nothing. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175828 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Facebook Login Not Working

OurBlok wrote: When I click the log on with facebook button, nothing happens. The cursor icon goes from a finger to a hand (like it's hovering over a link) but when I click the button, nothing happens, no page refresh no log on, no log on failed, nothing. Please help.

Versions please.
Also check for javascript errors on your page.

12 years 7 months ago #175867 by OurBlok
Replied by OurBlok on topic Re: Facebook Login Not Working
community builder 1.7
joomla 1.5.22
kuena 1.7
cb facebook connect 1.4
JFBconnect 4.0 (not for log-on's - just for commenting on pages)

Errors:

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?api_key=210646868996124&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fversion%3D3%23cb%3Df31e48e16f3118%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Ftempe.ourblok.com%252Ff24283630d8baf8%26relation%3Dparent.parent%26transport%3Dpostmessage&colorscheme=light&header=true&height=215&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FOurBlok-Tempe-Arizona%2F209868742405866&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&show_faces=true&stream=false&width=680
Line: 0

Warning: WARN addons.updates: Update manifest for {2D3F3651-74B9-4795-BDEC-6DA2F431CB62} did not contain an updates property
Source File: resource:///modules/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm
Line: 302

Warning: WARN addons.updates: Update manifest for {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} did not contain an updates property

Warning: WARN addons.updates: Update manifest for {BBDA0591-3099-440a-AA10-41764D9DB4DB} did not contain an updates property

The following error repeated SEVERAL times:

Error: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsISupports.QueryInterface]" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Norton%20360/Engine/5.1.0.29/rfhelper32.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 348" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Norton%20360/Engine/5.1.0.29/rfhelper32.js
Line: 348

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Login Not Working
Not a single one of those errors are from FBC, why do you have FBC 1.4 (latest 1.5)? Why do you have JFBconnect installed at the same time? They WILL conflict. If you need comments then please use incubator project CB Connect. Never use multiple Facebook extensions at the same time.

Error: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsISupports.QueryInterface]" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Norton%20360/Engine/5.1.0.29/rfhelper32.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 348" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Norton%20360/Engine/5.1.0.29/rfhelper32.js
Line: 348

Uninstall Norton anti-virus, never look back, and install Avast. Your anti-virus has installed a browser addon that is failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175978 by OurBlok
Replied by OurBlok on topic Re: Facebook Login Not Working
I use JFBConnect for commenting on articles. Will CB Connect enable commenting on articles, sections, categories and so on? It doesn't say in the product description. It looks like CB Facebook Connect just released on saturday, so i'll be sure to install it.

I actually looked use that Norton glitch. They are aware and working on it. You're not the only person who's told me to drop them.

12 years 7 months ago #176005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Login Not Working

I use JFBConnect for commenting on articles. Will CB Connect enable commenting on articles, sections, categories and so on? It doesn't say in the product description.

No, it does not add commenting there. If you want that then I'm sorry then you can't use FBC or CB Connect as they will conflict. You can create social plugin fields and substitute them into Joomla articles using CB Content Bot incubator project however and that will give you article commenting, but not section/category. If JFBConnect doesn't load the JS library then you'll be fine.. this assumes they're using iframe FBML. At any rate you'll need to choose either/or, but not both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn