User stats

12 years 7 months ago #176099 by ZioPal
User stats was created by ZioPal
Hello,
There is the possibility to calculate the statistics for articles written by individual users?

In general, what kind of statistics I have on users?

thanks
Maurizio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176130 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User stats
What stats exactly are you wanting? It's possible to do calculations based off database data and displaying it as a field using incubator project CB Query Field which outputs the results of a database query as a normal field seen on users profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176147 by ZioPal
Replied by ZioPal on topic Re: User stats
for now I need to have statistics on articles written by various authors: number of views; comments; etc..

I wanted to know how to do it, or if there are plugins to bind profiles to articles written in CMS

Maurizio

12 years 7 months ago #176150 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User stats
The "Content Author" plugin found in Plugin Management will allow display of users articles within their profiles. It only shows date, title, hits, and ratings however. Commenting is typically done from 3rd party extension as Joomla doesn't have official commenting support so the tab won't display comment count without editing it. The incubator project CB Articles can also be used to display articles on profile with display count drop-down, paging, and searching features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176197 by ZioPal
Replied by ZioPal on topic Re: User stats
Thank you krileon

I will do some tests

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds