Hi Professional Support
I need Personal URL from CB like "www.k-linkmania.com/myname"
This is for marketing social network.

Thank you for your support

Regards, Halim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176118 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: I need Personal URL for CB
please try turning on SEF with htaccess file on your Joomla website (then you will get such links as we have on our website - for example my profile url is: www.joomlapolis.com/my-profile/userprofile/nant )

12 years 7 months ago #176131 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: I need Personal URL for CB
It's impossible without custom URL rewrite rules to ensure those URLS are sent to the correct location. By default URLS as constructed as follows with SEF enabled.

site/menu-alias/task/username
www.example.com/community/userprofile/demouser

You'd need to make a custom rule in htaccess to change this to your liking. Am not too familiar with htaccess rewrites so wouldn't know what to suggest, sorry. Some SEF extensions may also allow you to do this, but we don't support SEF outside of Joomlas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176216 by halim_p_kusuma
Replied by halim_p_kusuma on topic Re: I need Personal URL for CB
Hi Nant, I like your page.
can you teach me to configure .htaccess
my joomla 1.7 status active SEF and using .htaccess
my address if want to display my profile is www.k-linkmania.com/View-user-profile.html?user=42
how to configure www.K-LINKmania.com/my-profile/userprofile/halimpk (halimpk is my username)

and Hi Krileon, I like too your demo address. very like it.
please teach me to configure my website, because I didn't have knowledge website builder except joomla.

Thank you for your excellent support.

regards, halim.

12 years 7 months ago #176279 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: I need Personal URL for CB
You need to have a Joomla menu link to CBs profile (this link is mandatory) that is public and published. The alias would then be used in your SEF. I recommend the below SEF configuration.

Joomla Backend > Site > Global Configuration > Site > SEO Settings
Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
Use URL rewriting: Yes
Adds Suffix to URL: No
Unicode Aliases: No
Include Site Name in Page Titles: No

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176300 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: I need Personal URL for CB
You might be interestetd in the new "simbunch" product: ProfileURL
www.simbunch.com/products/profileurl

Unfortunately, it requires a 3rd-party SEF extension! (sh404SEF, AceSEF, JoomSEF)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn