[SOLVED] Kunena and cb

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176107 by Guardian1
[SOLVED] Kunena and cb was created by Guardian1
Recent topics works fine but The main forum index on kunena does'nt show for guests or for registered users ....although it does show for me as admin
When I try to adjust the settings on admin end for the main section (as all other forums under have the same permissions) are cannot do it, as it has the "community builder 0" on the right side
So I imagine its ruled by cb settings ?

how on earth can I make the main forums visible to registerd users ?

also the new topics tab is#nt working

Ive posted this on kunena forums but no reply and as its all integrated between cb and forums Im perplexed as to whom to ask

could this be to do with the groupjive 2.4 rc ? re: integration between groups and forums or could it be something else

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Kunena and cb
CB doesn't control forum access. It does alter if configured the sidebar seen to the left of every post, but it does not check or limit access to specific forums.

GroupJive does limit access to forums, but only for GJ categories/groups forums and does not affect any other forums.

What version of Kunena are you currently using? What version of Joomla? What version of CB? For GJ are you using RC1 or RC2? If RC1 please upgrade to RC2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176208 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: Kunena and cb
I still have groupjive disabled due to blank pages
Im using

Groupjive

2.4rc2

Joomla version 1.5.22

cb 1.7

Kenuna 1.6.4

Yes the section has community builder 0 affectingall other sub forums on main category

12 years 7 months ago #176277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Kunena and cb

I still have groupjive disabled due to blank pages

What blank pages? At any rate if GJ is disabled then none of its integrations will load meaning it'll do nothing in Kunena.

Yes the section has community builder 0 affectingall other sub forums on main category

Don't understand what you mean by this.

If GJ is disabled then nothing from CB is controlling access to the forums. Could you better describe what is happening? Are you saying you've Kunena categories you can't access from frontend? Have you checked Kunena backend to ensure their access group is set accordingly and that they are published?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176330 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: Kunena and cb
Ive solved it now

I just had to make a new section and juggle the sections around

Yes your right, it was'nt cb, twas my error

Problem solved
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn