registeration

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176411 by frankgill
registeration was created by frankgill
Hi guys
I have three support questions on registration:
Something strange happened with the reg. process for the page (or I clicked something I should not have - a more likely occurrence!!) anyways

1.When someone new goes to reg. On the web site they fill in the details as required and at the end beside the tick box for accepting the TAConditions a link to the terms appears which opens in a separate window and the user has to then return to the reg page to click accept. It was set up so that when they went to the Terms and conditions that the accept button appeared on the same page to the end of the document – How do I restore this.

2.Also, I am planning to have three basic types of end users – one is someone who does not have to register (content readers), the second is one who will have to register (commenters, raters etc..) and the third is a publisher. The registration process is straight forward – they will have 'read' and comment access to the content but will not be able to publish. If they want to publish then I want them to give some more detail about themselves, i.e. doctor, nurse etc.. (I want to stay with the easy entry registration process built into CB) Can I, and If I can, how do I set it up so that when a registered user tries to publish something that a notice comes up indicating they are not authorised to publish (Which is work and fine) but be bale to require them to update their profile to indicate what they are etc...(register as a publisher)

3. Is it possible to have the Login/Reg menus seperated into two menues - one for loning in and the other for 'joining' alone. I am thinging/planning to have a login path similar to what you can see in linkedin and a seperate larger box to as visiters to join.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176426 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registeration

1.When someone new goes to reg. On the web site they fill in the details as required and at the end beside the tick box for accepting the TAConditions a link to the terms appears which opens in a separate window and the user has to then return to the reg page to click accept. It was set up so that when they went to the Terms and conditions that the accept button appeared on the same page to the end of the document – How do I restore this.

The terms and conditions page should just be a Joomla article with your terms. For a user to accept the terms they need to check the checkbox. The link is just a link to the terms and conditions page you configured in CB > Configuration > Registration set to open in a new window.

2.Also, I am planning to have three basic types of end users – one is someone who does not have to register (content readers), the second is one who will have to register (commenters, raters etc..) and the third is a publisher. The registration process is straight forward – they will have 'read' and comment access to the content but will not be able to publish. If they want to publish then I want them to give some more detail about themselves, i.e. doctor, nurse etc.. (I want to stay with the easy entry registration process built into CB) Can I, and If I can, how do I set it up so that when a registered user tries to publish something that a notice comes up indicating they are not authorised to publish (Which is work and fine) but be bale to require them to update their profile to indicate what they are etc...(register as a publisher)

You've a couple of options.

The best one being to use CBSubs as you could create 3 plans that provide access to different locations of your site and display different fields on registration based off the plan selected.

Another option is to create a drop-down field with the 3 types as the values then use incubator project CB Conditional to conditionally display fields on registration based off that drop-down. That would give you different registration forms based off the type, but that's all it would do.

3. Is it possible to have the Login/Reg menus seperated into two menues - one for loning in and the other for 'joining' alone. I am thinging/planning to have a login path similar to what you can see in linkedin and a seperate larger box to as visiters to join.

You can create Joomla menu links to CBs login and registration pages through normal Joomla menu creation process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds