Edit GJ Tooltips

12 years 7 months ago #176584 by drdehart
Edit GJ Tooltips was created by drdehart
Where do we edit the tooltips in the Group Edit screen? For example, we want to change "Select publish status of group. Unpublished groups will not be visible to the public." to "Select the publication status of group. Unpublished groups will not be visible to the public."

I tried changing /com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php with no effect.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176599 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit GJ Tooltips
All language strings are available and can be changed from GJs language plugin. The language string for that text is as follows.

'Select publish status of [group]. Unpublished [groups] will not be visible to the public.' => 'Select publish status of [group]. Unpublished [groups] will not be visible to the public.',

Adjust as necessary where [group] is the override (can be omitted in your translation if you like).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176628 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Edit GJ Tooltips
still confused, when I open that plugin, I don't see how to edit the text strings - see screen shot attached.
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #176640 by krileon
You don't open it, you need to edit its source as you would any language file from the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176652 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Edit GJ Tooltips
When we edit the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/admin_english.php at line 129 we can see the modification on the backend.
'Select publish status of group. Unpublished groups will not be visible to the public.' => 'Select publish status of group. Unpublished groups will not be visible to the public.',

But when we edit the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php at line 101 modification does not show on frontend.
'Select publish status of %s. Unpublished %s will not be visible to the public.' => 'Select publish status of %s. Unpublished %s will not be visible to the public.',

12 years 7 months ago #176656 by krileon
That's because the below is not correct.
'Select publish status of %s. Unpublished %s will not be visible to the public.' => 'Select publish status of %s. Unpublished %s will not be visible to the public.', 

Please install the GJ 2.4rc2 language plugin (if using 2.4rc2) for latest strings. The below is the correct string.
'Select publish status of [group]. Unpublished [groups] will not be visible to the public.' => 'Select publish status of [group]. Unpublished [groups] will not be visible to the public.',

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds