[SOLVED] CB Field Replacement Gender

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176975 by boyjahq
[SOLVED] CB Field Replacement Gender was created by boyjahq
In our CB Subs English translation file (english.php), one of the fields we want replaced in an email isn't being replaced with the row value. The field is `cb_gender`

The way it appears in the translation is:
"...
[CB_NATIONALITY]
[CB_AGE]
[CB_GENDER]
..."

The previous fields are all being replaced, but for some reason this one isn't. It's the last one in the language string definition, however if I add one after it, it has no effect.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177065 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Field Replacement Gender
Is "cb_gender" a drop-down fieldtype? If so you're experiencing the below bug (fix provided).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2713

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177085 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: CB Field Replacement Gender
Hey Kyle,

Unfortunately, it's a radio field.

CB Subs 1.2.2
J! 1.6
CB 1.7

Thanks,

J

12 years 7 months ago #177091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Field Replacement Gender
Can't recall if this bug also affects radio fields. Please apply the fix (either apply the patch or download the file and copy/paste/replace) and confirm if then working. Is the only reason I can think of why it fails and the others don't.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177641 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: CB Field Replacement Gender
Hey Kyle, I applied the patch and it worked. :cheer: Thanks for the help!

J
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn