[SOLVED] Facebook Connect Breaks things

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177002 by gilsontech
[SOLVED] Facebook Connect Breaks things was created by gilsontech
When I turn on the Facebook connect button next to the login area for users to use FB to login it logs me out of Facebook and doesn't work like it use to. I updated the plugin to the newest version, but still it does the same thing.
Also it breaks the home page anything slider from rotating.
Site: www.inertiasc.com (Facebook turned ON at the posting of this message)
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.4
GJ 2.1
Facebook Connect Plugin 1.5
PHP 5.2.17

Thanks for any help that can provided!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect Breaks things
It's not possible for FBC to log you out of Facebook anymore. Please ensure you've actually download and installed 1.5. You also have fatal JS errors on your site that'll conflict with FBC.
$asj(".anythingSlider").anythingSlider is not a function
navigationFormatter: formatText

Seams your module is loading jQuery and conflicting with CBs jQuery library as you have 2 jQuery libraries loading at the same time (CBs 1.5 and 1 from Google, which is 1.4; no idea what's loading Googles jQuery library).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177137 by gilsontech
Replied by gilsontech on topic Re: Facebook Connect Breaks things
Yes, I verified I have the FBC 1.5 version installed. I removed the Google code (analynics), Turned off the slider and turned off the jquery and it still funky. So In the cb_login module, I turned off CB Plugins integration (FBC) and everything else works fine... But how can I get FBC to work?

12 years 7 months ago #177153 by krileon
FBC works fine, you've a conflict somewhere on your site. If you've other Facebook extension installed that could be a cause. If your template is loading jQuery then that could be a conflict. Whatever the case it is impossible for FBC 1.5 to log you out of Facebook as the code to do that doesn't even exist in its source anymore. Please re-download and re-install FBC 1.5 as we did do a re-release a few times for some minor issues. Once done re-test and confirm if working. If not please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177401 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and FBC is working perfectly fine on your site. The reason your slider module stops working is CBs jQuery library and the sliders jQuery library are conflicting. Your CB install is also out of date. Please upgrade to CB 1.7.

Regarding the conflict there's nothing I, the plugin, or CB can do about this. Your module isn't loading jQuery in a noConflict state as CB does (which is why CB and FBC continue to work). I recommend contacting the developer for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 7 months ago #177464 by gilsontech
Replied by gilsontech on topic Re: Facebook Connect Breaks things
Thanks. Unfortunately we cannot upgrade CB, we had a team of developers make a lot of changes to CB to make custom profiles, teams and league pages for GJ and other misc changes that would be overwritten if we upgraded. I'll contact the slider dev, thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn