MyCommunity Template broken in IE9

12 years 7 months ago #177552 by peterd99
MyCommunity Template broken in IE9 was created by peterd99
Hi Guys,

The MyCommunity Template seems to be broken in IE9 in that the main content of the body appears down below the lowest right or left module. This can be viewed at my site www.thedognetwork.com.au

This only appears in IE9 but i am very concerned as it is the latest version of IE and will be growing in popularity globally.

I have read all the forum posts on this previously which have suggested a few things like changing widths to auto (didnt work) and add the site to compatibility mode in your browser (works).

But at best the compatibility mode is a work around and not suitable for a positive first impression to the site.

Can you please assist in providing a permanent solution to this issue?

Many thanks,

Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: MyCommunity Template broken in IE9
The below change should resolve the issue. Please confirm as have only confirmed using IE9 developer tools.

IN: templates/mycommunity/css/index.php
ON: Line 14
FROM
#content {
    float: left;
    width: 99.8% !important;
}
TO
#content {
    float: left;
    width: auto !important;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177759 by peterd99
Replied by peterd99 on topic Re: MyCommunity Template broken in IE9
There does not appear to be an index.php at that directory only an index.html

There is an index.php at templates/mycommunity/

But line 14 is a blank line.

These sections appear in this file;
<?php if ($varWidth == "true") { ?>
#container { width: 100%; min-width:800px; }
#menus { width: 100%!important; width: auto; }
#maincol { margin-left: <?php echo $leftcol_width; ?>px; }
#mainleft { margin-right: <?php echo $rightcol_width; ?>px; }
#mainleftwide { width: auto; }
#content { float:left; width: auto!important; width: auto; }
<?php } else { ?>
#maincol {margin-left: <?php echo $leftcol_width; ?>px; }
#container { width: <?php echo $fixedWidth; ?>px; }
#menus { width: <?php echo $mainright; ?>px; }
#mainleft { margin-right: <?php echo $rightcol_width; ?>px!important; margin-right: 0; position:relative!important; position:inherit; width: <?php echo $mainright-$rightcol_width; ?>px!important; width: <?php echo $mainright-$rightcol_width-1; ?>px; float:none!important; float:left; }
#mainleftwide { float: left; width: <?php echo $fixedWidth-$leftcol_width; ?>px; }
#content { float:left; width: 99.8%!important; width: auto; }

12 years 7 months ago #177784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: MyCommunity Template broken in IE9

There does not appear to be an index.php at that directory only an index.html

Sorry, yes that's what I meant. :silly:

Please make the below change.

FROM
#content { float:left; width: 99.8%!important; width: auto; } 
TO
#content { float:left; width: auto!important; width: auto; }

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn