CB Conditionals Help

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177593 by Hotties Wrestle
CB Conditionals Help was created by Hotties Wrestle
I'm trying to make it so members with a certain field (eg, Gender: Male) have their email addresses hidden since we set them to show public rather than use the Send Email form. But when I do this, no one with the gender of Male can register to the site, because that makes it disappear there too. Is there a way to stop that? I still want to have their email addresses so they can be notified of things, but don't want them to show up public.

I thought about hiding the email address on the profile and using CB MySQL Field to make it appear as a new field on certain profiles, but I don't know if there's any way to make that query a PHP variable, or if that would even work with CB MySQL Field.

Also setting emails to show rather than be the form seems to override ProfileBook's ability to hide the emails.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditionals Help
CB Conditional shows the edit and display mode of a field entirely. You could try setting the email field on a tab in a not shown on profile position then using a delimiter field to display the email field and apply your condition to that delimiter field. Next release of CB Conditional will be receiving an upgrade for better control of field/tab visibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181016 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: CB Conditionals Help
Thanks! That helped me figure out what to do.

I set a Tab to show based on a conditional, and the email to a cb MySQLField.
If I try to substitute something in the field output with itself though, it causes a 500 Server error.

Example, the field is cb_pubmail. If I use [cb_pubmail] as a substitution in say, the suffix of this field, it causes a server error. Is it trying to embed itself indefinitely, because of the pre/suffix? I thought it would just embed the result.

12 years 5 months ago #181115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditionals Help
Latest release of CB Conditional has better control over display as well as numerous bug fixes. Please install latest and see if it now fits your needs. Regarding Query Field, it accepts database queries; you can simply place a substitution in it without any sort of query and expect it to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds