Itemid or Item Id issue for cb links

12 years 7 months ago #177621 by MarlonFungai
Itemid or Item Id issue for cb links was created by MarlonFungai
Hi I searched the forum for sometime as I thought someone would have had a similar problem but to no avail. 1stly I am on cb 1.4 and Joomla 1.6 and I can't upgrade either. I have set up the default cb profile link {mandatory}.

Ok the issue is this I cant seem to get cb to add an Itemid at the end of the lost password and login links internally. i.e. the links that you are redirected to from cb login module. I need to assign each of these links with different templates and the templates are different to the template of the cb profile link. I have created the links on a not shown menu and they simply have no effect on the urls that are on the cb login module.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Itemid or Item Id issue for cb links

Hi I searched the forum for sometime as I thought someone would have had a similar problem but to no avail. 1stly I am on cb 1.4 and Joomla 1.6 and I can't upgrade either. I have set up the default cb profile link {mandatory}.

You have to upgrade. CB 1.4 has serious bugs regarding J1.6/J1.7 ACL and you'll run into problem after problem regarding permissions.

Ok the issue is this I cant seem to get cb to add an Itemid at the end of the lost password and login links internally. i.e. the links that you are redirected to from cb login module. I need to assign each of these links with different templates and the templates are different to the template of the cb profile link. I have created the links on a not shown menu and they simply have no effect on the urls that are on the cb login module.

The link will append the CB registration page itemid. You'll need to create a Joomla menu link to CB registration and this should append its itemid to the forgot login URL as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177692 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Re: Itemid or Item Id issue for cb links
Unfortunately I can't upgrade because of cb profile pro. I would simply lose too much work. I created the menu link as suggested and it didn't work. Its not that it appends the wrong Itemid it appends no Itemid at all if you want to take a look the front end can be found at www.thementorhive.com just hit the forgot password link in cb login

12 years 7 months ago #177727 by krileon
Sorry, I can only guarantee this functionality in CB 1.7 as that is the source I reviewed. You can try just installing CB 1.7 module to see if that'll work. You can also edit the modules source and manually add the itemid of your choosing to the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177777 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Re: Itemid or Item Id issue for cb links
Ok I created an alternate version of the module where you can append the links based on the cb login 1.7 module.

But I can't find anywhere to append the incorrect password url I am presuming it is not in the cb login module. How can I append an Itemid to the incorrect password link or index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login in general

12 years 7 months ago #177813 by krileon
We do not support core edits. I can not advise you on editing source. Nor can advise on CB 1.4 source as it is depreciated (archived). In CB 1.7 you'd need to look for $urlLostPassword variable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn