conditional plans based on singe-select fieldtype

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177630 by ssherwin
We have a number of possibly related problems concerning a registration form which displays conditional plans based on singe-select fieldtype values. I first posted the problem on the Potential Bug (1.2.2) forum at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/253-potential-bug-122/170973-conditional-plans-display-not-showing#171479
2 months ago. You've followed it up using private messaging exchanges but have now been told to post here.

To summarise the problem: we originally upgraded to 1.2.1 to use the conditional plan functionality but have had two problems. These can be demonstrated on a our development site at: at preview40.bathcomms.co.uk/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=13
(this is password protected and you need [REMOVED])
The 'membership options' field controls which plans are shown

1) If you choose the default membership option: 'UK Standard' but put a an error in lower down, e.g If you put a description2 field > 400 characters, accept the T&C you correctly get a popup error message but when you continue all the plans are shown on the refrsehed registration page. Moreover you can't continue because no password fields are now visible! This is a general problem if an error after an error is returned.

2) If you open the registration page in IE7 the conditional plans are also now shown - I would expect IE7 this to be still supported

We were instructed to upgrade to 1.2.2 which we have done so on a separate site but here we find the conditional plans don't work at all now
preview42.bathcomms.co.uk/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=13
(this is password protected and you need user=preview42 and password=pre11view42)

Please could you investigate the backend at preview42.bathcomms.co.uk/administrator,with same dir protection as above with admin user/pw is [REMOVED]

I can give you backend end access to the other preview40(1.2.1) site if required.

We realise there could be strange interactions with the rocket theme template (gantry framework) and/or other components but since we don't have access to your source code we are stuck until you investigate.

We really do need a solution asap. Thanks in advance.

[MOD EDIT]: You posted login credentials for frontend and backend to your site on a public forum. Please change your passwords. I've removed them from your thread, but search engine bot could have already indexed the thread.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177675 by krileon

We realise there could be strange interactions with the rocket theme template (gantry framework) and/or other components but since we don't have access to your source code we are stuck until you investigate.

Please create a test site of just Joomla + CB + CBSubs and confirm if your issue persists. All appears working fine in my tests and as that template is heavy JS powered you likely have some massive JS conflicts. Performing this test will rule out conflicts as well as give us a clean platform to investigate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177830 by ssherwin
Thanks for getting back so promptly - we are considering what to do next. In the meantime please could you confirm if your tests show the conditional plans based on singe-select fieldtype works properly with IE7 (for 1.2.1 and 1.2.2) or just later versions of IE as this may determine our strategy.

12 years 7 months ago #177838 by krileon
Using CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2 on Joomla 1.5 confirmed working fine in IE7, IE8, and IE9. I used a simple condition checking if the drop-down select had a value or not. If it did then show the plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177939 by ssherwin
Thanks again for getting back so promptly. Without doing extensive tests and site rebuild we are getting stuck here. Please could you do a further test that the single drop-down select works ok with popup error field checking? As noted earlier in bullet 1) after trapping a text field length error the refreshed form is invalid not least because the password fields don't appear again so the user can't continue. I assume this is due to some complex JS conflict but would like confirmation it does actually work correctly to begin with.

12 years 7 months ago #177958 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and would be glad to take a look. It's very likely there's a conflict so we'd be at this all day reconfirming, lol. Lets see if we can find what's conflicting. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn