List design - 4 Users in one row

12 years 7 months ago #177680 by Wienands
List design - 4 Users in one row was created by Wienands
As I promise: Next question coming up very soon! (sorry for that)

Okay. In the lists I want to show the user details in one colum. (name,picture)
But I want 4 users in one row, not one row for each user.

Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177684 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List design - 4 Users in one row
4 users in 1 row? Not possible. Each user is a database table row. If you mean you want a bottom border or something styled after the 4th row instead of each then you'd need to consult with your template developer. The example below would do the trick, but I've no idea if you have other CSS present that'd conflict.
.cbUserListTable tbody tr:nth-child(4) {
    border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

Please note the above is a CSS3 selector and only works on modern browsers (IE8, IE9, Chrome, FF, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177694 by Wienands
Replied by Wienands on topic Re: List design - 4 Users in one row
No, I mean 4 user in one row.
I mean to make a colum from a user instead of a row.
But you say it´s not possible. Thats very said.
If you make a list with no other information than the picture you got a very said and empty page.
Thats why I ask.
Maybe changing the design of the list is a nice idea for a plugin :-)

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List design - 4 Users in one row
Well it's not possible depending on what you're wanting. I don't understand your request fully. If you have 4 columns and each column has fields then of course not, but if you want 4 users displayed across 4 columns (1 column per user) then I guess it can be done. Could you provide a screenshot, picture, or something of what you're wanting so visually can understand your needs. In nearly all cases all visual changes can be done with CSS avoiding core edits or new development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn