Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage

12 years 7 months ago #177776 by Wienands
Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage was created by Wienands
After a registerd user logged in and open his profile he got the possibilty to submit new pictures to the gallery and edit descripton or unpublish his pictures.
How can I disable this options?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177785 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage

Wienands wrote: After a registerd user logged in and open his profile he got the possibilty to submit new pictures to the gallery and edit descripton or unpublish his pictures.
How can I disable this options?

If you are referring to the CB Gallery plugin I believe you can have it disabled by default and have an admin enable it for each individual user.

12 years 7 months ago #177788 by Wienands
Replied by Wienands on topic Re: Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage
Here is a screenshot of the Gallery Plugin.
There is no such function.

Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #177809 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage
Please see extra parameters in the Gallery Tab (as stated in the screenshot you posted). Suggest to study the Gallery documentation also.

Very first parameter of the CB Gallery tab reads:

Gallery Automatically Enabled:

and the tooltip states:

Specify No to require each user or moderator (depending on setting of next 'Allow User to Enable' parameter) to enable his/her gallery by editing his/her profile setting (default: Yes)

12 years 7 months ago #177815 by Wienands
Replied by Wienands on topic Re: Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage

nant wrote: Please see extra parameters in the Gallery Tab (as stated in the screenshot you posted). Suggest to study the Gallery documentation also.

Set to: Special

nant wrote: Very first parameter of the CB Gallery tab reads:
Gallery Automatically Enabled:

Is set to: No.
Allow User to Enable: No

But there is no change.
When I log in as a user I got all permissions as I describe before.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177819 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Stop Gallery edit in Frontpage
If I understand correctly you want it so only moderators can upload to a users gallery. However, I do not believe this is possible reviewing the parameters and source of CB Profile Gallery. The user will always have upload and edit permissions for their very own gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn