[SOLVED] CB Fields - need some quick advice please!

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177798 by richbell77
I'm currently using the CB fields plugin to set a trigger to add a value into a field upon registration.

I'm trying to award 5 credits to the account upon sign up. I have set up a field for this called 'claimed credits'.

On CB fields I have is as published: yes, trigger as onAfterUserRegistration (for front & back end), Automatic, Registered Users, Conditional - claimed credits - equal to - 5, Field - Claimed Credits, Suffix (fieldvalue), value - 5.

Have tried several permutations but can't get it to work - I want it to automatically insert the number '5' into the 'claimed credits' field upon the user's first registration only.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177816 by krileon

Registered Users

I recommend an access of "Everybody" for your trigger.

Conditional - claimed credits - equal to - 5

A condition determines if the trigger will execute or not. Meaning the field must already equal 5 before your trigger will do anything. I recommend not having a condition for after registration trigger.

Field - Claimed Credits, Suffix (fieldvalue), value - 5.

A suffix will append the value of "5" onto the end of the existing value. So if field was already "2" for example it would become "25". I recommend setting this to "Set" or "Add".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richbell77

12 years 7 months ago #177837 by richbell77
Replied by richbell77 on topic Re: CB Fields - need some quick advice please!
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I've amended the parameters as you suggested although unfortunately I still cant get it to work.

I've even been back into field management to see if I could see anything in there that would be affecting it - the fields were set as text fields and I've now changed them to integer fields but to no avail.

Any other ideas would be great as I've been on this for hours this afternoon and am struggling!!

Thanks
Rich

12 years 7 months ago #177840 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator credentials and will take a look. Really not much further to advise as configuration is straight forward and guided. Just takes vigorous trial and error testing until you've what you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177842 by richbell77
Replied by richbell77 on topic Re: CB Fields - need some quick advice please!
You're a legend, I'll send them now!

Thanks
Rich

12 years 7 months ago #177845 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it wasn't executing because the plugin wasn't published in CB > Plugin Management. Once published I confirmed is working with a test user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: richbell77

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn