XML Parsing Error

12 years 7 months ago #178194 by userbk
XML Parsing Error was created by userbk
I uninstalled cb1.4 and installed 1.7 and ever since when I click on install/uninstall - plugins I get a red notice on top that reads: XML Parsing Error at 55:72. Error 73: > required

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178201 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: XML Parsing Error
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to install and provide the full error. Do you happen to be on a MACOSX? It's common for MACOSX to decompress an archive and repack it with _MACOSX folder for indexing, which will corrupt the archive preventing installs from working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178530 by userbk
Replied by userbk on topic Re: XML Parsing Error
K,

I'm not trying to install any plugin. This error is permanent. I get it when I navigate to Install/Uninstall - Plugins
Attached is the report I got when I enabled debug.
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #178592 by krileon
Query log isn't necessary, but thank you. Does this happen no matter what plugin you try to install? 3rd party or Joomlapolis plugins alike?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178782 by userbk
Replied by userbk on topic Re: XML Parsing Error
Again, this error does not show when I try to install a plugin. That message is always there.
I should also mention this is in the Joomla install - plugins menu.

12 years 6 months ago #178841 by krileon
I see, sounds like a Joomla system plugin is causing the problem then. Please disable non-core Joomla system plugins (3rd party only) 1 by 1 until resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds