[SOLVED] PHP template file of my template is not recognized

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178324 by simon.delmotte
Hi Joomlapolis team,

To avoid problems when upgrade to new version of CB, I've made a copy of the default template.
After modifying the xml file I could installed it properly.
My template is published and selected in the configurations.

When modifying my new template php file nothing happens: I've tried to transform a div in a h2 but it doesn' work with my template.
But when I made this modification in the original default.php file the tag is effectivily changed.
It looks like my template php file is not recognised and that the default template php file still control my design?

Can you help me?
Kind regards
Simon Delmotte

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178350 by krileon
Copying the PHP file isn't enough. You'll need to rename it to match your template. For example if your template is default2 then rename default.php to default2.php. It doesn't stop there however. Inside of the PHP file is numerous classes to handle the different render locations. They all have the template appended to it with _default, you'd need to also change that to _default2. Once done it should be recognized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ptemper

12 years 7 months ago #178388 by simon.delmotte
Replied by simon.delmotte on topic Re: PHP template file of my template is not recognized
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to modify the php file as suugested.

Kind regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn