Editing profile problem

12 years 7 months ago #178330 by tomcat
Editing profile problem was created by tomcat
Hi all,

Probably being stupid as usual lol but I have an issue... I have 3 plans at the moment. I have a field that on registration is hidden but when editing a profile it shows up on the other plan where I dont want it to. How do I stop this?

Many Thanks in advance

Pete :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Editing profile problem
As stated and configured on the workflows tab of your plans it only hides fields at registration and no where else. To hide on profile and/or profile edit you'll need to install CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection then edit your fields in question and configure them to require whatever subscription(s) you'd like. It can be pretty complicated to configure however and do recommend reviewing documentation for example uses of it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178437 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Re: Editing profile problem
Many Thanks for the reply,

Just struggling with this Fields Tabs Protection a bit so I would really appreciate your help.

I have Plan A & Plan B. Both have different input fields.

Registration is sorted and the fields hide as required. All fields show up on both plans when editing profile. So plan A is able to edit the fields that I only wanted plan B to be able to see (in edit profile) and edit. But I want plan A to see the field in plan B's profile.

Sorry for all this but my brain is on complete meltdown lol.

Many Thanks

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178465 by krileon
If I understand correctly you'd like Field 1, 2, and 3 for example to only be editable when subscribed to Plan A? If correct please try the below configuration.

A. Field availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed field access
Owner Plans controlling field available in profile: No Plan (we only want to control edit display)
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted
Owner Plans controlling field editable (none means not controlled): Plan A
Still Available for Moderators: Yes: field available for moderators
Still Editable for Moderators: Yes: moderators can edit field
B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings

The above controls profile edit display only. If you also want profile view display then please let me know and will adjust. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178551 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Re: Editing profile problem
Thanks for the reply Krileon,

It doesn't seem to work for me. Would I be able to pm you my deatils so you could take a quick look. I am sure that as soon as one field is done I will be able to do the rest :)

Many thanks in advance

12 years 7 months ago #178597 by krileon
Please keep in mind in the above I've instructed it to ignore moderators so you need to test with a standard Registered user for it to do anything. If still not working please do PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as what field you'd like changed and what plan you'd like it assigned to and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn