Nested tabs - how to?

12 years 7 months ago #178407 by giuse3
Nested tabs - how to? was created by giuse3
I tried to make nested tabs without success...
In the CB configuration, nested tab is set to Yes but I cannot find a way to make a tab appear under another tab. Looking in the forum it seems as it should be enough to set the same position for the tabs but actually position field can have values like "Main area" or "Middle area" and that's not enough to set which tab is under which.
For example I'd like to put a "Connections' birthday" tab (from a plugin) under the "Connections" tab.
Thanks for clarification.
Cheers,

Giuse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Nested tabs - how to?
Nested tabs are only possible with tabs admin created in CB > Tab Management. Tabs created from plugins such as Connections, GroupJive, ProfileBook, etc.. will not nest their display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178605 by giuse3
Replied by giuse3 on topic Re: Nested tabs - how to?
Ok, tab nesting for plugin might be a feature request for CB 2.0 :)
About "normal" tabs, still unclear to me what are the settings to make a tab nested or not: just setting the position field seems not to be enough (I have 2 tabs with same position (main area) and one is nested and one is top level)... how to choose under which tab the nested should appear?
I didnt find precise instructions in the CB user manual. Could you please clarify?
Thanks

Giuse

12 years 7 months ago #178635 by krileon
There's no individual enable/disabling of nested tabs. It's either on or off. Then all tabs created in CB > Tab Management that are in the same position will nest. So for example if I create Tabs A, B, and C in position "tabmain" then all 3 will be nested under a single tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178701 by giuse3
Replied by giuse3 on topic Re: Nested tabs - how to?
Well, I tried to create 3 tabs into the same position (tabmain) and the result is in the attachment.
The rule is that first tab is top level and then the other ones are below under the first tab?
thanks

Giuse
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #178742 by krileon

Well, I tried to create 3 tabs into the same position (tabmain) and the result is in the attachment.
The rule is that first tab is top level and then the other ones are below under the first tab?
thanks

Yes, that's how Nested tabs will display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn