Sessions Expired / Enable Cookies Error

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178795 by Memeltu
So, after making no changes and my site was working fine.

I started encountering

Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

First it was really speratic and then it became EVERY ATTEMPTED LOGIN.
NOW ISSUE IS WEIRD BUT HOPEFULLY EASIER TO TRACK(REFER TO MY NEXT POST
NOW JUST UPON LOG OUT

So After reading through the forums found numerous people encountering this;
-Some because conflicts with other modules
-Some because running outdated joomla or cb
-Some because of the "Spoof" checker thing.

So After attempting to rule out the local side, eg my browser cache & other temp info's.
I wasn't able to resolve this, I was able to login if the URL wasn't starting with www. but everytime it was directed to the www. (via default home page) it would encounter this error. Basically giving the impression of losing session. However it wasn't actually losing it.

After troubleshooting trying to find the culpirate of this conflict, I eventually was forced to uninstall the cb login module (since disabling seemed to nothing) and use the J Login module (upon using the Joomla Login Module, this issue no longer happened.)

This really sucks because now I don't have the facebook login :(

I really am getting frustrated since this makes no sense at all, and just started getting worse over time.

I'm running j 1.5.23 and CB 1.7

I'm going to attempt to reinstall the module and see if that yields resolution. (Crossing fingers)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178798 by Memeltu
Replied by Memeltu on topic Re: Sessions Expired / Enable Cookies Error
So after systematically disabling and enabling various modules and changing my defaulting url via joomla normal process. & Trying to isolate the cause of my initial issue I've found out the following:

The only way i could get this to atleast "work" with out defaulting my login process back to Joomla's login module, eg actually use the CB Login module, I had to do the following:

Set my root default page in Joomla (the star) to point to comprofiler which enables my ability to actually login (not encounter the error, when attempting to login)

HOWEVER: if I'm logged in via www.manafest.info my default ("Me" accross the top menu) still points to manafest.info thus upon click screwing up the end user experience ... ie they get the apperance of session time out, because the page it brings them to asks them to login again.

MOREOVER: if i'm logged in via manafest.info my Mp3 player in my tab isn't finding tracks, it uploads but for some reason will only find the tracks if I"m logged in via www.

Something strange is going on for sure.

you can test this out with
demo13
demo13

please help :| i'm going crazy I'm still a ways out from needing to be live but I've got deadlines I'd like to meet and this type of issue should have been sorted out ages ago on my timeframe.

This is very odd since I never had this problem with older version of CB and J

Perhaps this has something to do with the CB Profile Pro I've got installed?

So Basically I've deduced that this:
If using CB Login module to login, my default Joomla Menu Item points the inverse of what ever the end user is logged in as. That is to say, if logged in via www. then the menu item that should point to the www.manafest.info only points to manafest.info

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178800 by Memeltu
Ok this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Now things appear to be working fine.... atleast via www.

NOTE: I ACTUALLY SET MY DEFAULT PROFILE TYPE IN CB PROFILE PRO RIGHT BEFORE THIS (STAR).

UPDATE: ALTHOUGH THIS DOESN'T SEEM TO HAPPEN ANYMORE (ATLEAST FOR THE TIME BEING) WHEN LOGGING IN. IT DOES SEEM TO STILL ENCOUNTER SESSION ISSUE WHEN LOGGING OUT.

I think I may have figure this out partially, I'll keep everyone posted. once I'm sure the issue is resolved, I'll summarize my resolution in a final post, so users in the future don't encounter this same issue.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178805 by Memeltu
OK WTF I'VE LITERALLY DONE NOTHING SINCE I THOUGHT I HAD IT FIXED.

Now, when I logged in via www. the "Me" menu item link (which was @ default Star = to comprofiler), for some reason points to the NON www.

So to "fix" the issue I've pointed my default joomla page to my VM categories. Which now upon click does still point to the www.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE, I've been clearing my browser tmp files and this still steems to be randomly happening.

I'll keep posting my progress.

12 years 6 months ago #178845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Sessions Expired / Enable Cookies Error
Please ensure within configuration.php that you have NOT configured $live_site. That parameter should always be blank unless you absolutely are sure it's being used correctly. Once done test if is now working. If not please navigate to CB > Configuration > Integration and set "Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks" to "No" then re-test if working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn