Auto Action failed to save! Error: URL not specifi

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178806 by res818
Auto Action failed to save! Error: URL not specified!

I don't understand this message. I've entered many differently configured URLs and I get the same message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178847 by krileon
That's a validation error from either Code action or Redirect action. You had apparently not specified a URL during the configuration of that auto action. Please provide what action you're trying to configure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178871 by res818
I'm trying to redirect to a registration "Thank You" page of my own making so I can insert Google's conversion tracking code.

Here's the specifics:

Type: Redirect
Triggers: onAfterUserRegistrationMailsSent
User: I've tried both "Automatic" and "User"
Access: I've tried various levels
Conditional: none
Redirect Action: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83
Exclude: none

I also tried the full URL and different URLs.

I tried using the CB Redirect plugin. It works with the "onAfterUserRegistration" trigger but the confirmation emails are not sent.

12 years 6 months ago #179022 by krileon
As I understand now you've sorted out the URL not specified error?

I recommend using the Code action and performing a GET/POST request on a PHP file that has your Google tracking in it. This would be a silent GET/POST so users wouldn't notice a change in the registration workflows. I can not guarantee whether a trigger will fire or when exactly it'll fire as the integration just prepares them. Please note as users are not yet registered the Access should be set to "Everybody" and User set to "Automatic".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn