Method to check for validation of a CB user

12 years 6 months ago #178888 by DavidLi
Hi,
New to joomla (and CB).
Have looked for days for what I suspect is a simple answer.
Hoping someone on the forum can assist!!
We are building a Droid & iPhone app(s) that has a local DB that we would like to synchronize with a server DB.
The user will have a Joomla / CB userID & Password. The user will belong to a community (CB). User's of that community should be able to share this smartPhone / server synchronized data. They should also be able to see that data after logging into CB on the web.

For the basics, we are thinking we need to know if a simple call to the Joomla server:
Validate.php?user=David&passw=Password
can return a simple true/false or such, not an actual login or anything else.

We have tried but there seems to be some Joomla security measures that prevent keeping it that simple. What is the proper way?

For the rest of the solution...we can't be the only CB developers (in training) doing similar...can anyone point us to an existing solution that we could learn joomla / CB methods that accomplish these goals?

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179024 by krileon
CB has nothing of the sort, you'd need to develop some sort of CB plugin or extension that utilizes CB API to validate the user and accept GET/POST requests. You may want to check Joomla.org extension directory as I'm positive there are numerous mobile solutions and likely something you're wanting already exists. It doesn't need to be CB compatible as all you're trying to do is ensure the Joomla user exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn