Can't See the Parent Option in GJ

12 years 7 months ago #179267 by drdehart
Can't See the Parent Option in GJ was created by drdehart
J1.5.23, CB1.7, GJ2.4, K1.7, As a registered user, I cannot see the Parent option in group creation; we can see it as a site Admin. Have set Config > Categories > Defaults > Nested Enabled/Show; Nested Access = All Registered Users/Show; Config > Groups > General > Nested = Enabled; Nested Access = All Registered Users. Then in the category have set Nested = Enable and Nested Access = All Registered Users.

Still, when we click New Group the Parent option does not show up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #179297 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Can't See the Parent Option in GJ
I asked

The difference between "all registered users" and "registered" in group access

Krileon wrote about "all registered users":

It's a custom usergroup that doesn't actually exist in Joomla. It's purely PHP and done through GJs API.

So perhaps you try with "registered"

12 years 7 months ago #179323 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Can't See the Parent Option in GJ
Thanks - I tried that and it still doesn't work. I do have another clue, though. When I change the setting in the Category to Create = Enable & Create Access = Registered, then save the Category, it reverts back to Create = Disable & Create Access = All Registered Users. Before we upgraded, these settings were Create = Enable & Create Access = All Registered Users and it worked fine.

12 years 7 months ago #179363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can't See the Parent Option in GJ
Only admins can use the parent drop-down. You need to navigate to a category and click the "New Category" link on the menu. The fast-move drop-down is only available to admins to make administration easier. The same is said for groups as in when viewing a group you must click the "New Group" menu link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #179387 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Can't See the Parent Option in GJ
I see - a little confusing, though. Two questions:

1. What does Create Access = Register mean if registered users aren't allowed to access this feature?

2. Whey is it that when I change the Category setting (from the Admin side) to Create = Enable & Create Access = Registered, then save the Category, it reverts back to Create = Disable & Create Access = All Registered Users.

12 years 7 months ago #179443 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can't See the Parent Option in GJ

1. What does Create Access = Register mean if registered users aren't allowed to access this feature?

What do you mean? Create Access determines who can create groups or categories, it depends on where you're at. Please be very specific when talking configuration as GJ is huge. Setting this to Registered means all registered users have create access.

2. Whey is it that when I change the Category setting (from the Admin side) to Create = Enable & Create Access = Registered, then save the Category, it reverts back to Create = Disable & Create Access = All Registered Users.

They are saving as whatever you select. They just can't re-displaying what you selected. This is a bug and have created the following bug ticket for further review.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2901

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn