Registration Integration

12 years 7 months ago #179393 by buyalong
Registration Integration was created by buyalong
I want to integrate my CB registration form with an affiliate sign up form. Ideally, I will create a tab under which my affiliates will sign up and this sign up info will be sent to my affiliate db. I have the code to insert, can you tell me where to insert the php script to send registration info?

// inserting new affiliate
// the mandatory fields might differ depending
// on your settings

$affiliate = new Pap_Api_Affiliate($session);
$affiliate->setUsername("some@email.com");
$affiliate->setFirstname("John");
$affiliate->setLastname("Smith");

try {
if ($affiliate->add()) {
echo "Affiliate saved successfuly";
} else {
die("Cannot save affiliate: ".$affiliate->getMessage());
}
} catch (Exception $e) {
die("Error while communicating with PAP: ".$e->getMessage());
}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #179452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration Integration
Post Affiliate Pro offers and integration for Joomla to register users as affiliates, is that not acceptable? At any rate you could create fields in CB > Field Management for them to specify an affiliate username and name then using incubator project CB Auto Actions perform a GET/POST request (using Code action) on a PHP file that handles the PAP part. You could develop a new plugin to also do this using CB triggers, please see tutorials within my signature regarding trigger usage and a working example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn