Need help with cbsubs and a dynamic field

12 years 5 months ago #181098 by efficiamail
Replied by efficiamail on topic Re: Need help with cbsubs and a dynamic field

nant wrote: Adding my input below ...

With CBSubs 1.2.2 you can conditionally show a CBSubs plan depending on a specific condition of a CB field. So if for example you have a CB radio field that can be set to any one of three values case1;case2;case3 (case 1 can be: less than 50 employees, case2: more than 50 but less than 250, etc), then you can configure plan-A to be presented only if case1 is selected and plan-B only if case2 is selected.

Hopefully you get the idea here.

Hello thank you for joining this thread.

If i use another radio button, then there will be no sense displaying the plans right? Those plans are basically our radio buttons in this situation.

Ok to be more clear:

The basic package can only accommodate 50 users.

So if the registrant entered 51 on the NumEmployees field, it should display an error message that the plan selected is not available and must select a higher plan.

Else

The subscription amount must be changed to this formula --> NumEmployees * PriceSubscription

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181150 by efficiamail
Replied by efficiamail on topic Re: Need help with cbsubs and a dynamic field
no response yet. :(

12 years 5 months ago #181164 by nant
You don't need to display a radio button, you can use the number of employee field and use conditional statement on plan in a similar manner.

There is no way to validate the selection of a plan against a field value, but there is a way to not show the plan at all depending on a field value condition.

I still don't know of a way to dynamically change the price of a plan depending on a field value.

12 years 5 months ago #181182 by nant
Followup full proposal based on link Beat has already given you.

The approach is as follows:

To conditionally show a specific plan during registration based on the value of another CB registration field, you can use the conditional constraints in the CBSubs plan (see the plan workflow tab and CBSubs manual for details). Idea is to show the plan only if the value of a number of employees field is within your specified ranges.

Now, regarding the "dynamic" pricing ...

Lets assume you want the plan price to be X for each employee (one employee minimum I assume).
You should set the initial price of the plan to X (to catch the minimum).
You should also not show this price in the plan (since it will not be the final price) - just set Price display of plan (default: [AUTOMATIC]): to blank or some other message (e.g. price will be calculated during checkout).

Then you need to create a promotion that will use an CB Query field to produce an SQL statement that will multiply the employee number times X to produce the extra pricing that should be added to the price plan.

This is the concept proposed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn