[#3020] CB Conditional plugin questions

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182851 by basidee
Thanks for introducing me to your conditional fields plugin. But I have a few issues with it:

- Once I enabled it, it converted my registration form into a 2-tab form, but I can't find a way to make it a 1-tab form or to control what goes in which tab. It seems to have a mind of its own. I have searched for settings in the plugin config itself, in the tab and everywhere, but can't anything that gives me control. Changing the display setting in the related tab from 'tabbed' to 'div with title' did not help.

- the conditional field display functionality seems to be limited. It appears you can only make 1 field conditional to another (i.e. 1 to 1). you can't effect a 1 to many condition. Thus, I can't make the display of city field conditional on choice of country AND state. So I made state conditional on country and city conditional on state, thinking that if state field is hidden the related cities field would be hidden, but it didn't work that way. Any ideas?

[mod note: please start new thread for new questions - it is really difficult to keep looking back at already answered threads - started new thread for you]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182854 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

basidee wrote: Thanks for introducing me to your conditional fields plugin. But I have a few issues with it:

- Once I enabled it, it converted my registration form into a 2-tab form, but I can't find a way to make it a 1-tab form or to control what goes in which tab. It seems to have a mind of its own. I have searched for settings in the plugin config itself, in the tab and everywhere, but can't anything that gives me control. Changing the display setting in the related tab from 'tabbed' to 'div with title' did not help.

If stepped registration is enabled, then each step will contain registration fields for a specific CB tab. Contact Info tab registration fields will appear in one step tab, other fields placed in another CB tab will be a different step, etc.

It follows the way you organized your fields.

- the conditional field display functionality seems to be limited. It appears you can only make 1 field conditional to another (i.e. 1 to 1). you can't effect a 1 to many condition. Thus, I can't make the display of city field conditional on choice of country AND state. So I made state conditional on country and city conditional on state, thinking that if state field is hidden the related cities field would be hidden, but it didn't work that way. Any ideas?

You need 3 set of fields to do this:

country field containing all countries you need.

set of state fields - one states field for each country.

set of city fields - one cities field for each state.

12 years 5 months ago #182918 by srizzi
Replied by srizzi on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

Sincerely I don't like the idea to create dozens of fields just to obtain what could be done wiht a single field dinamically filled.

To do this, I've found an interesting Plugin:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/community-building/profiles/ew-cb-dropdown-sql

This plugin allows to create a "city" dropdown field that can be fired up using CB Conditional. The content of this field is the result of an SQL query that we can freely define.

The final problem that must be solved to obtain the desired result (a dynamic query), is to get the "State" value from the State DropDown, to use it inside the SQL query.

I'm new to CB and Joomla and I'm stuck with this problem, so I trust in the help of the Experts of this forum for some hints.

Thanks

Stefano

12 years 5 months ago #182960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions
CB Conditional isn't design to dynamically alter a fields values, but is simply designed to alter its display (hidden/show and required/non-required). The solution in question is not developed by us and you'd need to contact the author for further support. I believe there is a country -> state conditional field plugin, but I can't recall where to locate it as it is made by 3rd party.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183250 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

nant wrote: If stepped registration is enabled, then each step will contain registration fields for a specific CB tab. Contact Info tab registration fields will appear in one step tab, other fields placed in another CB tab will be a different step, etc.

It follows the way you organized your fields.

There are 10 registration fields and they are all in one tab. The last field is visible in Step 1 tab, so why is there a Step 2 tab? What else could be causing this?

That is exactly what I did, but its not following the logic. I think its a bug. If field A is conditional on B, which in turn is conditional on C, then if the condition for B is not met (which means B is hidden) A should also be hidden. Or am I missing something?

12 years 5 months ago #183266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

There are 10 registration fields and they are all in one tab. The last field is visible in Step 1 tab, so why is there a Step 2 tab? What else could be causing this?

Do you have fields hidden by CB Conditional that could be on another tab and are shown on registration? If so then that could be the issue. I recommend upgrading to latest release of CB Conditional (1.2.0) if not done so already.

That is exactly what I did, but its not following the logic. I think its a bug. If field A is conditional on B, which in turn is conditional on C, then if the condition for B is not met (which means B is hidden) A should also be hidden. Or am I missing something?

State fields need to have a condition based off the Country field. This allows multiple conditions based off the country field. Example as follows.

Field A - No Condition
Field B - if Field A is Equal To 123 then Show
Field C - if Field A is Equal To 456 then Show

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn