[SOLVED] Text area field question.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182866 by ver
Hi there,:cheer:
I use a text area field to give the oportunity to my costumer to put some comment for the carrier. ie, (delivered to the store below, delivered before or after an hour)
Everething ok with that. I use CB Email with that and the result is amazing.
but i have a problem
the message still appear on the profile, and we see the same message all the time.
Ok dont problem ï use show on profile NO
But when the costumer click on edit button the old message still here.
And i dont want any confussion with suggestion of my costumer like, i send the same message or something.
The question is: It is possible clear the field after user update?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182873 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Text area field question.
I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do.

Is this message being populated during the registration phase?

12 years 5 months ago #183032 by ver
Replied by ver on topic Re: Text area field question.
Hi Nant, :cheer:

I try to convert one CB field "Text Area" like email system, using CB Email of course.

ie

Send message to Frank Smith:

The problem is that the message appear all the time. :sick:

The field can be seen on the profile but not on Registration.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183048 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Text area field question.
If I understand correctly you want the field to be sent in the email, but then in profile view and profile edit you no longer want it? If this is the case please move the field to a not shown profile position (it must be set to display on profile so substitutions work for it) then using CB Privacy set the field to not display in profile edit. Please also ensure the field is set to display on registration so users can fill it out at time of registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183386 by ver
Replied by ver on topic Re: Text area field question.
Hi kyle, :cheer:

I dont want to show on registration.

I would like to show on profile edit.

ie.

Supose that text area field:

"Tell me your weather in your city"

(This is not my case, but i put that to understand what happen the next day)

"It is rainy" said

next day the user want to send the weather again

But dont want that the user see an old weather on the text area

I want the text area clear ;)

I use the trigger "on profile update" using CB Email.

So when the user update the message is send to me.

that part is wonderfull but with the old value (weather in this case) i am complicated :blink:

Because the message is duplicate.

Maybe i need to use some PM system. :unsure:

12 years 5 months ago #183396 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Text area field question.
You're wanting it to sent you the weather each time they update the field and then you want the field cleared after the email is sent? I hope am understanding correctly as it can be done with CB Auto Actions. You'll need 2 actions, 1 email and 1 field. The email action must be ordered before the field so it executes first. Example configuration as follows.

Action 1
Published: Yes
Type: Email
Trigger: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: Weather Not Empty
To: Your email
From Address: [email]
From Name: [username]

Action 2
Published: Yes
Type: Field
Trigger: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: Weather Not Empty
Field: Weather
Operator: Set
Value: (blank)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn