CB = 1.x incomprehensible error message for users

12 years 5 months ago #183215 by yann.fr
Hello,

In the file "default_language.php" we find the error _REGWARN_EMAIL_INUSE
'This e-mail is already registered. If you forgot the password click on "Lost your Password ?" or on "Password Reminder" and new password will be sent to you.'

I can not find this error in the code. In which case this message is displayed?

When I create a new user (or modify a profile) by entering an email address that already exists, I get the message WARNREG_EMAIL_INUSE encoded in en-GB.ini
"This e-mail is already registered. If you forgot your password, click on the <strong>Forgot your password</strong> link and a new password will be sent to you."

Only the first part of the sentence seems appropriate.
I can not find this error in the code. In which case this message is displayed?

thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183257 by krileon
Reviewing source that language string isn't used anywhere. I believe it was used in older releases of CB and is kept for backwards compatibility sake.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183270 by yann.fr
Ok, _REGWARN_EMAIL_INUSE is an old code and should be removed from "default_language.php" and others "language.php".

But WARNREG_EMAIL_INUSE is always used.
And for me it's a mistake. Content of "en-GB.ini" and others "xx-XX.ini" should be only: "This e-mail is already registered."

12 years 5 months ago #183271 by krileon

Ok, _REGWARN_EMAIL_INUSE is an old code and should be removed from "default_language.php" and others "language.php".

It's kept for backwards compatibility. You can remove it if you want to, but it won't do any harm leaving it. CB 2.0 will likely be removing all unused strings.

But WARNREG_EMAIL_INUSE is always used.
And for me it's a mistake. Content of "en-GB.ini" and others "xx-XX.ini" should be only: "This e-mail is already registered."

It's a Joomla language string and is based off whatever Joomla language you're using. You need to translate it within Joomla language files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183277 by yann.fr
OK but it's not ok in the "default_language"

12 years 5 months ago #183291 by krileon
What's not ok? That string isn't defined or translated by CB. You could define it in CB if you wanted to, but you should just translate it within Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn