Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js

12 years 5 months ago #183234 by activha
Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js was created by activha
We had a problem with curvy corners with CB 1.7 but this is not solved for us with CB 1.7.1, it is still conflicting with some of our js template (probably htpc.pie or joomlashack template js). So best thing was to deactivate it by renaming it. Is there a better way to remove the call to this file ?

Secondly we have a problem with menubest.min.js and IE 8 which gives js errors continuously on our members pages activ-ha.com/userprofile/demo.html

Further when clicking on a deal IE8 stops and reloads instantly.

Is this due to menu best also ?

Thanks for helping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js
I can't seam to confirm either of your issues on a clean install with CB 1.7.1 in IE8 Rendering with IE9. How exactly are you testing? IETester? IE8? IE9 with IE8 Rendering? It's very likely there are other JS problems present causing subsequent JS to fail. Please restore curveycorners and let us know once done so we can see what error is happening exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183290 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js
We are testing on a windows vista system with IE8, which are system still widely deployed.

I have restored curveycorners but cannot let it last long because as you can see on home page, the modules disappear on top and bottom. I f we remove the script, all is ok

Further go to activ-ha.com/userprofile/demo.html and click on a deal with IE8 and you will notice that the browser crashes then restore a new tab with the proper link clicked.

We did not test on IE9 as it seems a little better :-)

12 years 5 months ago #183300 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js

I have restored curveycorners but cannot let it last long because as you can see on home page, the modules disappear on top and bottom. I f we remove the script, all is ok

I see no errors in the console so don't see why the two would be conflicting in that manner. Nor do I see any CSS issues at a glance. It's worth noting that it works fine in IE9. It disappears after the page completes loading (shows until then) meaning it's JS related, but I've no idea why the module is for some reason stopping its display. Perhaps the developer of the module may have a better clue as to why it's doing that. There's simply too many modules for me to find where those 2 header modules are even coming from so I can't review if it's a setting within the module that could be causing a conflict.

Further go to activ-ha.com/userprofile/demo.html and click on a deal with IE8 and you will notice that the browser crashes then restore a new tab with the proper link clicked.

This seamed to work fine in all browsers. Able to provide exact steps to experience what you are experiencing? IE8 (IE in general actually) aren't known for their performance and reliability.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183447 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Menubest.js and Curvycorners.js
Well I have deactivated curveycorners for now and it is working ok

We have a problem with Vista and IE8 only, with windows 7 and IE9 (compatibility IE8) it is working very well.

Let us hope that IE9 will get a quick penetration in the market ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn