[SOLVED] Send email if date field value is equal to today

12 years 3 months ago #189953 by krileon
Date substitutions return the current day. Date fields return whatever the user specified. If you want it to trigger on the date of then just to a straight Equal To. You can't do a date for tomorrow because the date substitution will always return the current date.

Example:
[cb:date format="Y-m-d" /] Equal To [cb_date]
[cb:date format="Y-m-d" /] = 02-02-2012
[cb_date] = 02-02-2012
Condition: Passed

[cb:date format="Y-m-d" /] Equal To [cb_date]
[cb:date format="Y-m-d" /] = 02-02-2012
[cb_date] = 02/02/2012
Condition: Failed

They have to match exactly, same format and everything. You can try "Greater Than" or "Less Than", but again no idea if that'll work.

I don't know what else to tell you. I've DIFFed 2.2.3 to 2.3.0 and there is absolutely no changes in how conditions are handled. The only change was I added parsing of additional trigger variables for substitution usage, which doesn't even affect conditionals (being fixed for 2.3.1).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189958 by deltafidesign
I've done some test changing the condition.

If I set it "less then" then it send me the e-mail (in this case it see that today is less than cb_datefield that for some user is in 2099-m-d)

If I set it to "greater then" it doesn't send the e-mail even if I've setted a user's field to 2011-m-d

Maybe before I thought it worked... don't really know. Any suggestion to solve my problem?

12 years 3 months ago #190029 by krileon
My guess is less than and greater than aren't working at all. Computing the less than and greater than of a string is a slow process and unreliable for PHP. when it's not a clear cut typecast. For example if it was just numbers then less than or greater than would be fine but as there is formatting (-) it doesn't really know how to handle it (PHP can't just assume it's a date).

Really strtotime needs to be applied to both before doing less than or greater than. There's no real date condition handling in place, you need basically custom conditions for dates.

I've plans to add some sort of formatting rules to the conditions, but no idea when. Which would allow you to do strtotime or trim or other PHP functions on the values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190033 by deltafidesign
Thanks so much Krileon, would you be so kind to advice on this topic (if possible...) when you'll add something like that?

12 years 3 months ago #190038 by krileon
No idea, it will require several additions to the conditional usage as well as figuring out how to properly display it for configuration. I've plans to add formatting feature, but again no idea when.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn