Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] [#3046] Text Area Width

• robbiemc
  • robbiemc
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #183822 by robbiemc
[SOLVED] [#3046] Text Area Width was created by robbiemc
Hi

Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7.1

I have seen a couple of posts relating to this issue but none seems to have a solution for me.

I have added a text area field to allow members to write a profile. I would like the text to extend the full width of the content box however even though I set 'display field title' to 'no' the text only stretches approx 70%. Looking at the css this is due to the following;

form.cb_form .cb_form_line .cb_field , .cb_tab_content .cb_form_line .cb_field
{
display: block;
float: left;
width: 70%;
font-weight:normal;
vertical-align: top;
}

If I try to change this to width 100% then all fields (with title go to 2 lines)which is not what I want...any suggestions on how I might get the text to stretch across the full width for the text area field. Please see the attached screenshots.

File Attachment:

File Name: textareawidth.doc
File Size:128 KB

Field name: cb_aboutme

Many thanks
Robbie
YNWA
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by robbiemc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Text Area Width
The field needs to be set to display on 2 lines and that should allow it to expand the full width. Please ensure you're using CB 1.7.1 as using 2 line display on DIV was bugged in previous releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• robbiemc
  • robbiemc
12 years 6 months ago #183897 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: Text Area Width
Hi Krileon

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I have set to display on 2 lines and using cb 1.7.1 but you can see from the attached screenshots the text still does not go across the full width.

Regards

Robbie
YNWA

File Attachment:

File Name: textwidth2.doc
File Size:84 KB
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183906 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and is a minor CSS problem. I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3046

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• robbiemc
  • robbiemc
12 years 6 months ago #183907 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: Text Area Width
Many thanks...hopefully we can get this resolved.

Robbie
YNWA

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183908 by krileon
Have investigated further and this is already fixed in CB 1.7.1. What CB template are you using? Please switch to default CB template and confirm if issue persists. If so please install CB 1.7.1 ontop of it self and re-test. If still persisting please PM a link to a user profile where issue is present so may review the CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon