[SOLVED] php memory - please advise

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184336 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: php memory - please advise
Hi Krileon

Thought I had it solved as I had a zipped copy of a full joomla install in my root directory. On the home page the memory usage is 26MB but when I click to register it jumps up to 56MB.

This to me points to CB or something relating to the registration process.

As I am really under pressure to get the site up and running I'm afraid I will have to start again...sigh.

Robbie
YNWA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184337 by robbiemc
Hi

If I unpublish all the CB plugins apart from default and core the memory usage drops to 30mb

Memory Usage
30.51 MB (31,992,616 Bytes)

so that's not really the answer as 30mb is being used without CB...looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Robbie
YNWA

12 years 4 months ago #184463 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: php memory - please advise
After further review it seams like your memory usage is appropriate. My Joomla install on a page with Joomla only content alone is 20MB. With CB this increased to 30MBs and with GJ increased to 39MBs (GJ is nearly as large as CB it self) then various other plugins increases to 42MBs. Add in everything else you've installed and it could easily hit 60MBs. I recommend just increasing your memory limit to perhaps 72MB or 82MB to see if issue resolves. If not then you've probably a memory leak coming from one of the extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184843 by robbiemc
Hi Krileon

My standard joomla install pushes 20mb on the rebuild. If I then add community builder it remains the same on a generic page but this then increases to just over 30mb when accessing CB driven pages such as registration. If I then throw in CBsubs, kunena and Group Jive it takes me over the 65mb limit.

Given your experience in joomla/cb/additional extensions do you feel a site will ever exceed 128mb and what do you recomend the max php memory limit to be?

I am seriously considering changing hosts and need to get my head around this before making a decision...any advice would be most appreciated.

Regards

Robbie

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184883 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: php memory - please advise

My standard joomla install pushes 20mb on the rebuild. If I then add community builder it remains the same on a generic page but this then increases to just over 30mb when accessing CB driven pages such as registration. If I then throw in CBsubs, kunena and Group Jive it takes me over the 65mb limit.

CB only loads on CB pages. That's a lot of libraries you're preparing.

Given your experience in joomla/cb/additional extensions do you feel a site will ever exceed 128mb and what do you recomend the max php memory limit to be?

It should never exceed 128mb unless you have a very very large userbase and your extensions aren't optimized.

I am seriously considering changing hosts and need to get my head around this before making a decision...any advice would be most appreciated.

Changing hosts won't change your installs memory demands. You've a lot of large extensions installed. GJ and CBSubs are both about the size of CB it self so expect at least 20mb increase from having all 3. With a base of 20mb that's 40mb already. Add in Kunena that would up it some more and even further so based on category count. Then total in your userbase and it goes up further. Another thing to keep in mind is Joomlas debugger takes A LOT of memory (J1.5s actually crashes my Apache) so once it's disabled expect memory usage to drop by about 5-15mb.

Also note GJ 2.4 isn't as fully optimized as it should be. Next release (GJ 2.5) I've significantly improved PHP performance. GJ 2.4 improved database query performance, but has PHP performance issues that are addressed in GJ 2.5. So with next release of GJ expect memory usage to drop some (5-10mb or so).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn