CBSubs unclear how to setup Renewal

12 years 5 months ago #184458 by dotcom22
CBSubs unclear how to setup Renewal was created by dotcom22
hello

I'm a bit unclear how to setup Renewal for my paid plan. Due to my poor english understanding, I don't understand exactly the allowed options.

Actually I choose: Renewal start at expiration date or at payment date - witchever happends last (allow free gap)

I don't see what is exactly the term "free gap" and "overlap" and I need to be sure to what will happen...

My plan is a paid plan for a duration of 1 year. The user will be allowed to renew his plan 3 month before expiration. So by admitting user subscribe today, the plan will be active from 5.12.2011 until 5.12.2012. Now if user decide to renew his plan before the 5.12.2012 and he are in the correct "time slot" allowed of 3 month, my goal is to allow renew from 5.12.2012 until 5.12.2013.

So for what I understand the renewal option I choose is correct and the plan will be extended from the 5.12.2012 (if user renew before expiration) and his remaining period will be always keep OR from the payment date (if user renew after expiration).

It is correct ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs unclear how to setup Renewal

So for what I understand the renewal option I choose is correct and the plan will be extended from the 5.12.2012 (if user renew before expiration) and his remaining period will be always keep OR from the payment date (if user renew after expiration).

It is correct ??

Yes, that is correct.

If they renew in advance it will extend their subscription by another year after their current year.

If they however expired and renewed 3 days afterwards it would continue from the point of payment and not from when they expired for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dotcom22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn