[SOLVED] Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184495 by boyjahq
[SOLVED] Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2 was created by boyjahq
We use CB's language translations for plan names. E.g. "Plan 1," translated for English, "プラン1," for Japanese- both translated from the plan name UE_PLAN_ONE.

I just tried renewing a members plan in the alternate language (Japanese) and was able to pay for the plan via PayPal, but upon returning to the site CB stopped me with the message:

"Payment notification mismatch: currency, item name or number or quantity mismatch."

Me thinks this is a bug: comparing the translated string instead of the plan id.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2
It's a security check that means the payment information was tampered with before returning to the site. Did you apply a fee on PayPals end for example or change the currency on PayPals end from what it is on your site?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #185078 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2
Nope. This exact same transaction works in English, just not in our other language (Japanese).

12 years 5 months ago #185137 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2
You need to make sure that the character set of your paypal setting matches your installation when you have non-ascii characters.

Notifications details for PDT and IPN should give you what character set you are receiving.

If translations would go wrong, they would go wrong for English too, if your generic string is UE_PLAN_ONE.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago #188365 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: Possible Bug CB Subs 1.2.2
Hey Beat, got it in one. My test gateway in PayPal was not setup to use UTF-8 encoding.

Thank-you both!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn