CBSubs hide ability to create Paypal account

12 years 5 months ago #184531 by dotcom22
hello

Few years ago I used a specific E-Commerce solution and the Paypal setup for that software allowed myself to hide the annoying Paypal optional account creation after a successful payment. I imagine this was done by developer of E-Commerce software using Paypal API.

I think making payment using Paypal can be difficult for newbie user..especially if they don't see or don't click on the returning URL website who will allow the CB subscription to take effect. The returning link is not displayed clearly and Paypal with his own service make confusion just below for ask user to create a Paypal account.

If you have the possibility to hide also this boring "Paypal Ads" it will really better for make more simpler and easy a payment. I know using paypal is not the best way for make business on the web and a true Gateway like Ogone can be better. The fact is paypal is free to use and don't have monthly fee and don't have any First use Fee. So until I make a true and valuable business, I don't plan to work with another gateway..

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184561 by krileon

Few years ago I used a specific E-Commerce solution and the Paypal setup for that software allowed myself to hide the annoying Paypal optional account creation after a successful payment. I imagine this was done by developer of E-Commerce software using Paypal API.

Nope, PayPal has long sense changed. It uses it self to promote it self. You don't need a PayPal account however if you're making single payments. For recurring payments a PayPal account is required.

especially if they don't see or don't click on the returning URL website who will allow the CB subscription to take effect.

If you've IPNs configured then the user doesn't have to return to the site as the IPN will update CBSubs.

If you have the possibility to hide also this boring "Paypal Ads" it will really better for make more simpler and easy a payment. I know using paypal is not the best way for make business on the web and a true Gateway like Ogone can be better. The fact is paypal is free to use and don't have monthly fee and don't have any First use Fee. So until I make a true and valuable business, I don't plan to work with another gateway..

If you could supply a screenshot (omit any sensitive data please) of what you're seeing will be able to better understand what's happening. It's possible this is just part of the payment page which you can configure from your PayPal account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184575 by dotcom22

If you could supply a screenshot (omit any sensitive data please) of what you're seeing will be able to better understand what's happening. It's possible this is just part of the payment page which you can configure from your PayPal account.

Nothing to supply about that. By "paypal Ads" I mean the story related to their optional account creation after successful payment, displayed just below the Back to the Merchant Site link.

If now is no more possible to hide this so no problem. I worried about the fact a user can be confused with this and can omit/forget to click on the Back link. Now if IPN update CBSubs that mean the user can close Paypal page at this specific step without problem. However is always better if user can easily Back to the site for get also the CBSubs onscreeen confirmation payment message.

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 5 months ago #184596 by krileon
The user should be sent back to your site automatically if you've configured your PayPal account correctly. Please review the CBSubs documentation closely to ensure you've configured your PayPal account properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn