[SOLVED] How to create a user listing directory ?

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184771 by lebellegardien
Hello,

I would like to create a listing directory through a type of user. I think to use CB profile pro to create a profile type but how can I can create that ? I would need that an user can be in multi categories like :

Computer
-user1
-user2

Shop
-user1
-user3

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to create a user listing directory ?
No experience with CB Profile Pro and we're not its developers so can't advise you in that matter. However, to create a list simply navigate to CB > Userlist Management. Please review your documentation available in the Advanced downloads section for further userlist usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184854 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: How to create a user listing directory ?

lebellegardien wrote: I would like to create a listing directory through a type of user. I think to use CB profile pro to create a profile type but how can I can create that ? I would need that an user can be in multi categories like :

Hello lebellegardien, that is, what i am working on, but i dont know cb profile pro. I have added some checkboxes to my profiles representing my categories. So each entry can have several checkboxes clicked on and therefore belong to several categories. In listmanagement you can use these checkboxes as filter to show specific lists.

My greatest Problem is, you have to make all profiles public, even those, you dont want to have shown in your directory, if you want public users to browse it. Second problem, you cant show one list with two searchcriterias in one page like in your example, but you have to make one page for "Computer" and one page for "Shop".

Best regards, Macjoomla

12 years 5 months ago #184856 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: How to create a user listing directory ?
hello Macjoomla,

That's what I was thinking ;)
And we can't modify userlist template like flexicontent can do it ? Moreover, in flexicontent, we can choose multicategories....

CB should invest about that, CB is a so cool extension for joomla ;)

12 years 5 months ago #184859 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: How to create a user listing directory ?

lebellegardien wrote: CB should invest about that, CB is a so cool extension for joomla ;)

That's what I think ;) As announced they will make a first version of CB 2.0 available till end of this year. I am looking forward :silly:

12 years 5 months ago #184888 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: How to create a user listing directory ?
great I did'nt know about that. But now i will be impatient lol

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn