How can a user cancel billing easily in cbsubs?

12 years 4 months ago #184788 by jakobe75
How can I let a user cancel easily in CBsubs.

There is an unsubscribe button on their subscription tab.

But typically a users goes to edit his account and cant find the Subscription tab as it only only appears on the front end of the profile. Then they get confused and email me.

I am tired of answering these same emails.

At least 10 users are confused by this.

"Why would I edit my account setting on the front of my profile if I have a tab that says Edit Account"

and I agree...the subscription tab should be on the Profile edit screen as well...maybe mine is wonky but I dont have any special permissions attached to it.

also.....

If a user clicks on the subscriptions tab and clicks unsubscribe. Does this cancel their Paypal billing agreement If not is there any easy way for users to do this?

If they unsubscribe from paid account can they easily downgrade to a free account autonomously without our interaction?

We have a Paypal Payments Pro account thats cost about 24.99 a month that doesn't require the user to create a paypal account to purchase something.

I have been telling users that contact us about canceling that they need to log into paypal to manage their subscriptions. But some have said that they signed up using another payment method and dont have Paypal accounts to log into.

Please advise...thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184790 by krileon

How can I let a user cancel easily in CBsubs.

There is an unsubscribe button on their subscription tab.

But typically a users goes to edit his account and cant find the Subscription tab as it only only appears on the front end of the profile. Then they get confused and email me.

I am tired of answering these same emails.

At least 10 users are confused by this.

"Why would I edit my account setting on the front of my profile if I have a tab that says Edit Account"

and I agree...the subscription tab should be on the Profile edit screen as well...maybe mine is wonky but I dont have any special permissions attached to it.

They unsubscribe from their subscription tab. You could also create a Joomla menu link to the displayplans page where they can manager their subscriptions as well. It can't display in profile edit as that would be a "form inside of a form", which is impossible (HTML does not permit forms in forms).

If a user clicks on the subscriptions tab and clicks unsubscribe. Does this cancel their Paypal billing agreement If not is there any easy way for users to do this?

If it's recurring it sends them to PayPal where they must login and cancel their recurring from their PayPal account. Doesn't get any more easy then that unfortunately. They're just limitations set by PayPal. If you were using say Authorize.net then yes it would cancel their recurring immediately as it's an on-site payment gateway.

We have a Paypal Payments Pro account thats cost about 24.99 a month that doesn't require the user to create a paypal account to purchase something.

CBSubs doesn't support PayPal Pro, different APIs. Users are only required to have a PayPal account for recurring subscriptions.

I have been telling users that contact us about canceling that they need to log into paypal to manage their subscriptions. But some have said that they signed up using another payment method and dont have Paypal accounts to log into.

The cancel button sends them to PayPal. I don't know what you mean by other method as they can't have a recurring subscription without a PayPal account. If they made single payments then just clicking the cancel button will cancel their subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184794 by jakobe75
I have created a few menu buttons directly linking to the subscription page.

Where is this "Cancel" button?

In their subscription tab I see "unsubscribe or resubscribe"
I dont see "cancel".

When clicking this it gives me the next page that says .."are you sure" then 2 buttons then a confirmation popup.

then a final "okay you have canceled message"

But nothing takes me to paypal.

even though I am canceling a recurring subscription.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184796 by krileon

I have created a few menu buttons directly linking to the subscription page.

Then they can manage their subscription from there as well and don't have to go to their profiles.

Where is this "Cancel" button?

In their subscription tab I see "unsubscribe or resubscribe"
I dont see "cancel".

When you click unsubscribe it takes you to the cancel confirmation page. Clicking the button there sends them to PayPal if recurring or cancels it immediately if single payment. Please understand I didn't mean literally "cancel".

When clicking this it gives me the next page that says .."are you sure" then 2 buttons then a confirmation popup.

then a final "okay you have canceled message"

But nothing takes me to paypal.

even though I am canceling a recurring subscription.

That's not a recurring subscription then. It means the user bought the subscription using single payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184800 by jakobe75
It's my test account and its on a recurring plan setup from the admin side.

Would this make a differance?

12 years 4 months ago #184803 by jakobe75
partial solution for the user backend.

On the Edit profile page I just added the cbsubs subscription module and modified the Post text with a little html to let them know to click it...this will work.

It would be nice if a user could do everything on one page.
- edit their profile basics
- add image to their sim gallery
- add videos
- manage their subscription

Some of my less skilled users dont understand why they have to go to their front end of their profile to add images to simGallery or videos. But all the other details like their activity wall and whatnot is edited on the backend.

I guess I could add some links and tabs manually to these components....but they would still be redirecting to another page. Ideally it should all be self contained in the tabs to some degree.

btw...this was discovered today

I downloaded the new version of CBsubs today and upgraded my install and module and got an error when visiting the profile page.

so I downgraded to the old module and the error went away.

Here is that error.

Fatal error: Class 'cbpaidApp' not found in /home/usernamehidden/public_html/modules/mod_cbsubscriptions/mod_cbsubscriptions.php on line 92

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn