How can a user cancel billing easily in cbsubs?

12 years 4 months ago #184877 by krileon

It's my test account and its on a recurring plan setup from the admin side.

Would this make a differance?

Recurring plans given to a user from backend are always single payment and are never transmitted to the gateway so they'll cancel immediately if you unsubscribe and they won't auto-renew when they expire either.

It would be nice if a user could do everything on one page.
- edit their profile basics
- add image to their sim gallery
- add videos
- manage their subscription

As I've explained that would result in a form within a form, which HTML will not allow. It maybe possible something like this can be done with CB 2.0 where we'll be redesigning it so perhaps adding tabs outside of the form could be a part of the API. Giving the user access to the backend tab on frontend would be devastating, it simply does not function the same as the frontend and is for administration purposes.

Some of my less skilled users dont understand why they have to go to their front end of their profile to add images to simGallery or videos. But all the other details like their activity wall and whatnot is edited on the backend.

It's a learning curve. As they use it they'll come to understand it. All websites have a learning curve. It is not possible to design a website that everyone will easily understand as everyone learns and comprehends differently. This is simple how CBSubs works. Perhaps in a later release it could be possible to handle subscriptions from profile edit, but do not foresee such a feature anytime soon.

I guess I could add some links and tabs manually to these components....but they would still be redirecting to another page. Ideally it should all be self contained in the tabs to some degree.

You could add a delimiter field that contains a link to the subscriptions management page. This would at least allow them to reach the subscriptions page from their profile edit page.

btw...this was discovered today

I downloaded the new version of CBsubs today and upgraded my install and module and got an error when visiting the profile page.

so I downgraded to the old module and the error went away.

Here is that error.

Fatal error: Class 'cbpaidApp' not found in /home/usernamehidden/public_html/modules/mod_cbsubscriptions/mod_cbsubscriptions.php on line 92

You need to ensure the CBSubs Bot (Joomla plugin) is installed, enabled, and public then install CBSubs then the module (all from same CBSubs package). Review documentation for more detailed install instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184885 by jakobe75
But would a test account setup this way NOT show a cancel button?

12 years 4 months ago #184897 by krileon

But would a test account setup this way NOT show a cancel button?

If you give a user a subscription from backend they can certainly unsubscribe from frontend and no it won't send them to PayPal as subscriptions given from backend are single payments and have no connection to the gateway (PayPal). This assumes you even allow unsubscribe (can be disabled from CBSubs > Settings).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184899 by jakobe75
I enabled the unsubscribe setting during this whole process because I wasnt seeing any sort of cancel button...not even from a paid users account.

I see what you are saying though...if the whole paypal payment process isnt followed and completed then there would be nothing for them to cancel as paypal did not send the signal back to CB to tell it to start the membership.

just to be sure I think Im going to subscribe with my personal paypal account today and test it out from beginning to end as a paid user.

thanks for the advice.

12 years 4 months ago #184919 by krileon
You can use the PayPal sandbox to test out payments so you don't have to have real money exchange hands. There's no unsubscribe button though if the process is never completed as there's nothing to unsubscribe from. If a user has an active subscription to a plan either provided from backend or through frontend they should have an unsubscribe button below the plan on their profile under the subscriptions tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 4 months ago #184928 by jakobe75
I dont need to use the sandbox function...its my money being paid from my personal account to my business account, not a big deal.

It just weird that as a paid user with a valid and active subscription that I wouldnt see the cancel button...and where I do see the unsubscribe button doesn't redirect me to paypal.

Im beginning to wonder if this particular user has already canceled in paypal and the system just glitched and did not deactivate them properly.

They mentioned that they couldnt find an cancel account or unsubscribe button anywhere on the site...I pointed out the subscriptions tab and then told them I would look into it further.

But in out member documentation we make it clear that they should check their paypal panel to verify that the membership has been successfully canceled.

I am very clear that we dont manually cancel paid members via email requests and that it should be done on their member panel as we have no way to verify their identity though email.

I also let them know that we dont store credit card/payment info on the site. All of this is handled by Paypal.

I dont know...I havent had a chance to test it out today yet..been buried with something else.

thanks for the tips though. If I have anymore issues, I'll update.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn