Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Core CB database warning

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 5 months ago #184996 by basidee
Core CB database warning was created by basidee
Hi guys.

I am setting up a new site, but it looks like a created some fields wrongly. When I conducted a db check from CB Tools panel, I got this warning, but I don't know what I need to do to correct it. Please help.

Warning: 14 entries in Community Builder comprofiler_field_values link back to fields of wrong fieldtype.

fieldvalueid=605 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=606 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=607 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=608 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=609 fieldtype=text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #185061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Core CB database warning
Looks like you've some database row entries in _comprofiler_fields_values that below to text fields, which isn't valid. The below queries ran on your database would delete them for you. Please ensure to take a DB backup before performing any direct queries.
Code:
DELETE FROM `jos_comprofiler_fields_values` WHERE `fieldid` IN ( 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 )

Replace jos_ in the above if it's not your actual table prefix.

This usually happens if a fields type is changed in _comprofiler_field, please avoid changing a fields type once the field has been created.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 5 months ago #185086 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Core CB database warning
I did not change anything. And I don't really understand this error message. The only field in _comprofiler_fields that is type text is 'tablecolumns'

I traced the fieldid's against each of these values and checked the corresponding entries in _comprofiler_field and found that they are fields created by cbsubs. How cbsubs created fields with wrong field types I cannot tell, but rather than delete them (I think that would break cbsubs) can you tell me how to correct the error?

They all have the prefix cb_subs_inv

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #185097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Core CB database warning
It helps if you provide what fields exactly. It's possible the fields were once select types then later changed with a new CBSubs released. You're not deleting the fields themselves. You're simply deleting their select values as if they were drop-down select fields, which they aren't so their values in _comprofiler_field_values are unused. Please of course make a DB backup before performing the delete. Again, you're not deleting the fields or their columns; just the values in _comprofiler_field_values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon