CB Confirmation mail not being sent

12 years 5 months ago #185089 by w2learn
CB Confirmation mail not being sent was created by w2learn
Hi,

It seems confirmation mails are not being sentout when users fill in registration page. however, later, if i use the "Resend confirmation" function, then it reaches fine. We've checked this with multiple members now, confirmed spam is not eating it. This has been problem since day-one, just didnt realize it.

After confirmation done, admin gets the email notification too.

CB 1.7 and J1.6.x

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #185098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Confirmation mail not being sent
Please upgrade to CB 1.7.1 and confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #185126 by w2learn
Replied by w2learn on topic Re: CB Confirmation mail not being sent
Upgraded to 1.7.1 and I still didnt get confirmation email. Infact, after upgrade I feel even the "Resend Confirmation emails" is also not working.

I'll PM details in case its required to figure this. Its past midnight localtime, so wont be able to see your reply until tomorrow.

12 years 5 months ago #185143 by krileon
Please upgrade to J1.7.3 from J1.6.6. There are some critical bugs with the ACL that aren't resolved until J1.7. This is preventing users from properly being created in CB. However, the user is stored into Joomla as they are stored to Joomla before CB as CB needs them to first exist in Joomla. However, somewhere in between a problem is occurring with ACL storage. You can upgrade quite painlessly from Extensions > Extension Manager > Update > Find Updates > Check "Joomla" > Click "Update".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #185222 by w2learn
Replied by w2learn on topic Re: CB Confirmation mail not being sent
Hi,

We had selected J1.6 as all the extensions we had in mind did not yet support J1.7.x

Also, CB was advertised as working with J1.6 and confirmation mails is a fairly basic feature so I expected it to work. Please clarify the J1.6 claim and also if there is no other option beside J1.7...if so, it would be quite disappointing.

The J1.7 upgrade maybe simple, but we need to think of other side-effects.

Thanks

12 years 5 months ago #185241 by krileon
We can't support J1.6 and latest J1.7 at same time (not same situation as J1.5 vs J1.7). You need to upgrade to J1.7 as we've depreciated support for J1.6 due to the ACL bugs present in J1.6 that they will never fix. I can not guarantee upgrading to J1.7 will fix your issue, but this is my best suggestion based off the issue observed. Perhaps creating a clean install of just J1.7 and CB on the same webhost will allow you to test and absolutely confirm is working for you. All my tests show the emails and registration working fine on a J1.7 install with CB 1.7.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn