Several CB Connect problems

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186126 by Big Tom
Several CB Connect problems was created by Big Tom
The e-mail saved in the profile is invalid for all connect options (google, facebook, twitter) and ends in "@invalid.com". The single plugin out of the "Advanved" section worked.

The logon when a new profile needs to be created does not work. Well, it works the second time you click the button (I doubt any user will do that though....)

The redirect does not work.

When trying to use the twitter authentication, a message "Please complete the username and password fields." pops up. These are required fields, but what is the authentication for??

Update: Same problem with Facebook, while Facebook does not work with IE9, but with Chrome...

Any thoughts?? and wtf are you doing in regards to testing or quality control? This is pretty lame crap that you release into the wild.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Several CB Connect problems

The e-mail saved in the profile is invalid for all connect options (google, facebook, twitter) and ends in "@invalid.com". The single plugin out of the "Advanved" section worked.

Only Facebook and Windows Live can provide a real email address. All other connections such as Google, Twitter, and LinkedIn will create the users with fake email addresses so registration can complete. This is a limitation of the connect sites.

The logon when a new profile needs to be created does not work. Well, it works the second time you click the button (I doubt any user will do that though....)

It shouldn't take 2 clicks to connect nor could I confirm your issue. It's possible you've some sort of conflict present. Please test with default Joomla template and see if issue persists.

The redirect does not work.

Known bug, fixed for next release.

When trying to use the twitter authentication, a message "Please complete the username and password fields." pops up. These are required fields, but what is the authentication for??

You need to login to Twitter. The whole purpose of this plugin is to use your existing social sites profile information to register you on the CB site in a single click.

Update: Same problem with Facebook, while Facebook does not work with IE9, but with Chrome...

This is a bug on Facebooks end. There recent upgrade to oAuth2 Dialogs has broken authentication dialog on IE. Am still investigating this issue and if any possible workarounds are available. I've created the below bug ticket for users to be more aware of why it's broken in IE.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3110

Any thoughts?? and wtf are you doing in regards to testing or quality control? This is pretty lame crap that you release into the wild.

I apologize for the frustration, but it works perfectly fine in all my tests aside for the redirect bug of course. There is always going to be issues that's just how software works. Please also notice our disclaimer below that is posted directly in the Incubator forge.

In here you will find cool projects, which represent in progress and experimental work. You can access these scripts and provide feedback, contributions, and cooperation.

There is no guarantees that the work in here will ever reach stable release maturity, or have backwards compatibility, or have any kind of support.

Think of this area as an internal incubator of ideas and concepts.

The code in here has no warranty except a single one: there are still bugs remaining to be fixed (fix suggestions welcome) and features to be added (feature requests welcome) or things to be made simpler (usability suggestions welcome). There are no timeframes or SLA's associated with requests.

As you can see all incubator projects are experimental, come with no support, and guaranteed to have some issues of some form as they're all work in progress.

Please however can you afford a more approachable attitude. There's no reason for language nor is there reason to bash the team (such as my self, the developer of the plugins in question) or anyone else. We're all here to help and try to ensure you've a great experience with any of our projects. If issue persists I would be happy to take a look, simply PM backend super administrator login credentials and will see if I can find the cause of some of your problems (aside from redirect and IE issues).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186155 by Big Tom
Replied by Big Tom on topic Re: Several CB Connect problems
I am not bashing the team, but yes, I am frustrated. You sell the cb-connect as a product, not as an "as is" plugin. Simply check out your page here: www.joomlapolis.com/news/18238-cb-connect-20-released and let me know how that looks. Also, the professional membership is being sold with additional plugins compared to the advanced, nowhere does it say that those plugins are "as is" and may not even function. In my interpretation, your response does not put a very good light on your sales approach.

Anyhow, I like the idea behind the products and paid quite a bit of money for working products, not for "as is" code lines. I have no problems with bugs in software, but clearly expect them to be fixed by the developer/team.

I appreciate your offer to log in, but will do a complete fresh install including Joomla before taking you up on that offer. That way, we have at least a clean baseline and I do not waste your time that may be caused by other components.

12 years 4 months ago #186159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Several CB Connect problems
Facebook Connect 1.8 and CB Connect 2.0.1 have been released. There was a bug from Facebooks end preventing FBC from functioning on IE. I've implemented a workaround to get it working again (channelURL wasn't working properly). Please upgrade if you've not done so already.

CB Connect 2.0.1 also resolves redirect bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187675 by stavros@aagec.com
Replied by stavros@aagec.com on topic Re: Several CB Connect problems
My question is why when I login to my site (with CB Connect) I can log into Facebook just by going to www.facebook.com... The problem is that I have to Logout of my site as well as Facebook or my Facebook account will remain open? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance...

12 years 3 months ago #187676 by stavros@aagec.com
Replied by stavros@aagec.com on topic Re: Several CB Connect problems
Also a quick one... Does Joomlapolis use the Facebook connect?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn