After Registration Questions

12 years 4 months ago #186801 by SnJ
After Registration Questions was created by SnJ
Quick questions.
After a user registers I have two pages that I need to edit - one is the page for confirmation & the second is the thank you for confirm page.

Where do I edit those or how to change so they also go back to the login page or something. Also as you see from image...the top menu is not showing.
Thanks,
S&J
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186909 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: After Registration Questions
Both are language strings that can be changed via your language files below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/

You'll want to review default_language.php for the define of _UE_USER_CONFIRMED_NEEDAPPR and _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOAPPR_CONF.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187134 by SnJ
Replied by SnJ on topic Re: After Registration Questions
Is there a quick fix or work around until I get my programmer to redo the pages, for instance and soon a s they register it takes them back to the login page - without the message pages. I can reset them later.

Also, I am having a error where when a new user logs into the site it say they are already logged in. I searched, but didn't actually see a fix?

If you need images or more info please pm me. I had to redirect them to the profile page...which is NOT what I want them to see when they first log in.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SandJ

12 years 4 months ago #187137 by krileon

Is there a quick fix or work around until I get my programmer to redo the pages, for instance and soon a s they register it takes them back to the login page - without the message pages. I can reset them later.

Registration should send them to the done page with a message displayed. It shouldn't send them anywhere else unless something installed is performing a redirect. CB Auto Actions for example could redirect users after registration if configured to do so. 3rd party Joomla user plugins for example can also do this by intercepting the registration.

Also, I am having a error where when a new user logs into the site it say they are already logged in. I searched, but didn't actually see a fix?

When they login it tells them they're already logged in? Are you using CBs login module? Joomla version? CB version?

If you need images or more info please pm me. I had to redirect them to the profile page...which is NOT what I want them to see when they first log in.

Then set the redirect within CBs login module to whatever you want. If you want it to be homepage for example set it to index.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #188021 by SnJ
Replied by SnJ on topic Re: After Registration Questions
okay Im not sure I posted what I need correctly.

Im using Joomla 1.5 & the current CB version 1.7.1

I am getting the already logged in message when a user logs in using the top login module....(CB login) - set to public - it redirects them to the right page but shows the already logged in message. (see images)

I have looked in forums for fix...someone mentioned the redirect & changing the lang file, but I have changed the redirect..still have the issue. As far as the lang file. I don't know what to change it to.

---
As far as the registration...can I just add something at the end of the language file to add a log in button or link back to login/registration page? or something similiar.

I found this in the lang file
DEFINE('_UE_REG_COMPLETE','<div class="componentheading">Registration Complete!</div>'.'

I hid most of the actual content for privacy reasons...I can pm you any other information.
Thank you
SnJ

<p>You may now log in.</p>');
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #188024 by krileon
Looks like your Home page is the registration page. A user logged in can't access the registration page and that's the message they'll receive in trying to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn