Groups do not show in Kunena

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187535 by Dorkyme
Groups do not show in Kunena was created by Dorkyme
Hi!

I was hoping not to post this, but after hours struggling I have to.

Using Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1, CBSubs 1.2.2, CB Groupjive 2.4 and Kunena 1.7.1.
Site is protected with SSL for login.

I have to plans:
1 free plan, that gives user only a registration
1 paid plan with all rights.

I have followed everything in this tutorial (and everything works fine):
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/178458-tutorial-for-controlling-kunena-forums-with-cbsubs#178458

The ONLY thing is that paid users can not see the groups for registered users in Kunena when accessing the forum in normal way from the menu (index.php?option=com_kunena&view=entrypage).
They are perfectly viewable in GroupJive and direct access to the group in Kunena is ok.

Could it be a Joomla/Kunena menu problem?

Regards,
Thomas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groups do not show in Kunena
The user needs to be in the GroupJive group for them to access the groups forums. Please ensure that the user you're testing belongs to the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187798 by Dorkyme
Replied by Dorkyme on topic Re: Groups do not show in Kunena
Yes they are.

I solved the problem by setting the users of the paid plan to authors, and set access level to author. Free plan is for registered users. That is ok for my site.

I have not come up with a solution yet, but there is something wrong.
I will update if I come up with a solution, or what I have done wrong.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 5.493 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn